Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brakes for suicide front end

t6chan

Hello,

I have been searching over the www and could not find exactly what I was looking for. Perhaps you guys can confirm it.

I have a bare tube axle w/o sprindles yet. I have a set of mustang II calipers and rotors. I am wondering if I can buy any type of spindles that would adapt them onto the tube axle.

What spindles would fit on this tube axle?

From my searches it seems like the early GM spindles may fit with the following part form speedway:
Basic Brake Adapter Set: 1974-1980 Pinto, Mustang II to 1949-1954 Chevy Spindles

Will the chevy spindle fit on the ford drop tube axles?
Thanks

I am running the Wilwood Golds on my 40 Ford spindles but if I had it to do over I would probably go with the GM disc adaptor kit for half the price.:eek:

Measure the king pin bore and post it here. someone (RPM?) will be able to tell you what spindles you need.

Ron

Sounds like you have a ford axle. You would need to get a '37-'48 ford spindle. They also have a complete brake kit for $200 (gm rotors/calipers).
In order to use the brakes you have, you would need to buy the specially machined spindles that they have, and buy a different axle to use the chevy spindle.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back