Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bubble balancer

rubicon

Anyone use a bubble balancer for balancing thier wheels. I bought one from harbor freight and wonder if it will work.

It'll work if you do it carefully. Used to work with a guy that raced sports cars, and he did all his wheels & tires that way. ;)

Years ago, I went to the place that sold the electronic balancers. They were a bit more than what I really could afford at that time. Anyway, I asked a simple question. How do you check to make sure the electronic balancer is correct? The guy told me they use a bubble balancer to check them. So, I just kept my old bubble unit and used it for 20 years with no problems or complaints from my customers. I still like the old real time spin units the best.

Years ago, I went to the place that sold the electronic balancers. They were a bit more than what I really could afford at that time. Anyway, I asked a simple question. How do you check to make sure the electronic balancer is correct? The guy told me they use a bubble balancer to check them. So, I just kept my old bubble unit and used it for 20 years with no problems or complaints from my customers. I still like the old real time spin units the best.

You talking about the ones that spin the tires while on the car and the head that mounts on the rim. One I had was a Hunter brand it was great.

Anyone use a bubble balancer for balancing thier wheels. I bought one from harbor freight and wonder if it will work.
I have one similar to what hf sells. It works, but it’s tricky to get it right. Small level, very sensitive. Make sure it’s level before you start and don’t move the balancer or it can throw it off.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back