Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Buckethead down

Spanky

Staff member
Marian Mote posts on fb: "Jeff Mote was seriously injured in an accident when a car ran a stop sign. He was on his way to Eaton's Downtown Car Show Saturday. He's now a patient at Miami Valley Trauma Center in Dayton Ohio. Broken back, fractured neck and lacerated liver and multiple contusions."

Jeffs car.jpg Jeff1.jpg Jeff2.jpg

Get well Jeff we need to go crusing..............

Hoping for the best outcome Jeff !

My prayers to him. These cars remind me of when Big Daddy Don Garlist got caught with a under thickness roll cage. His response was "You going to race it or crash it!". Not a lot of structure around you in these cars. Everyone should give a lot of thought about what they want to do when building these cars. I can tell you I will design a inner trusted structure to give some protection from side impacts. Anything is better then nothing. Just my thoughts on the subject.

George

These cars are 4 wheel motorcycles. Probably been more bikers killed and injured by people failing to yield than anything. I run a passing light on both rods which really shows up but still have people pull out in front of me.

Link to Jeff Mote's Gofundme account: Jeff’s medical bills and T-bucket repairs, organized by Helen Helfer

Update from his neice posted on fb: "This past weekend our uncle suffered a tragic accident. He was on his way to a car show in his T-bucket and was hit on the drivers side by another family member. My uncle and the t-bucket were wrapped up in a telephone wire. He was airlifted to the hospital and will spend the next few weeks recovering from his injuries. He has suffered a fractured neck, broken back, severely lacerated liver and multiple contusions. He will have to be in a back and body brace, with a very high chance of being transferred to a rehabilitation center. Insurance will only cover up what the first of the airlift was, therefore everything else will be out of pocket. Both family members are distraught thinking about how to pay for this. The medical bills from this accident will be astronomical and we ask for your support through this. Nobody should have to worry about how to pay hospital bills while they are suffering from serious injuries.
On top of his injuries, he lost all his hard work on his T-bucket. This T-bucket was his absolute pride and joy. He has won numerous awards due to his attention to detail and hard work. He loves driving down to the Great Smokey Mountains and Gatlinburg (you should see how many people stare and give him a thumbs up). Once Jeff is released and feel better he will work on repairing the T-bucket. If money is left after medical bills, they will go straight to repairs so he can get back what he loves most - cruising.
Please donate what you can, and if you cannot, please share this go-fund me so we can help my uncle get back to tip-top shape."

And she posted today: "Update: Jeff has been released from the hospital and will have in home care along with physical therapy."

From the two posts that I have read why would his insurance company have to pay anything. It would seem that he did nothing wrong. The other persons should have to cover everything., including the car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back