Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Car Show Buckets

Not many shows around here with buckets. Good guys or the like. The smaller private shows that I prefer are mostly old hot rods and restored muscle cars. A couple buckets, model A type, a few rats... not exactly my style, but some of them are very talented and resourceful. It would be easier to build a rat, I would never feel like it was done...

So . . . build a 'rat-T' and just leave it in primer!:thumbsup:
I spent too many years painting cars, I couldn't live with it, lol... now, my dump truck and another old general purpose truck that I built are flat grey, not primer, but almost look like it... can't keep anything nice or clean in Ohio if you use it.

Today is going to be about 70 so the little cruse night crowd will be out in force so I guess it's time to wake up the T and see what's out there. I agree with Fletch I don't care for the rat rod look although there is some real talent involved in some of them.

I don't think I've ever seen a bucket at a local car show where I am from. Wish there were more so I could look them over for ideas to use on mine.

The first few minutes are a buddy of mine going to the NSRA Nats from the drag strip, The rest is the buckets at the show. Enjoy and stay with it.

Larry, that was at Arnolds Burgers just west of the river on I-44. They do this every year and this year was the largest.

Funny, when I used to go to shows, T Buckets were few and far between. A lot of times, mine was the only one. Kinda felt good, in a unique sorta way.:D

Funny, when I used to go to shows, T Buckets were few and far between. A lot of times, mine was the only one. Kinda felt good, in a unique sorta way.:D
I seen a "cutie pie" clone go by my house this week... it's very rare to see any t buckets around here. Occasionally I see one at a local car show.

I seen a "cutie pie" clone go by my house this week... it's very rare to see any t buckets around here. Occasionally I see one at a local car show.

I was thinking that the T Buckets low attendance rate at shows could be that the owners are out driving and REALLY having a good time.;) The last year I had my T Bucket, I didn't go to any shows. I just got tired of paying, so people could look at my car. I was getting a better audience at the store, gas stations or just sitting at a stop light. Towards the end, I even started to dislike talking about my car, but did it so as not to be rude.

I don't mind a conversation at the gas station, but when the conversation quickly turns to a one sided conversation about his cars then I'm out of there. Now I don't mind when they talk about their cars, but it should not be a one sided bragging session about their toys. Should be a give-and take. One should listen as much as they talk !!!

I've done my share of "shows" in my time. Many were on the national level from Canada to South Florida and as far west as Missouri. I've had my fill and attend only one show a year and it is a local put on by a very good older club in Central Florida. I show the T one year and my '37 the other year. Other than that I only go to "cruise nites" which are very relaxed with no paying or judging.

Jim

I've done my share of "shows" in my time. Many were on the national level from Canada to South Florida and as far west as Missouri. I've had my fill and attend only one show a year and it is a local put on by a very good older club in Central Florida. I show the T one year and my '37 the other year. Other than that I only go to "cruise nites" which are very relaxed with no paying or judging.

Jim
Those are the only shows I attend, the local ones, unless I'm searching for parts at swap meets. It seems wrong that the guys who put the cash and work into building them have to pay for others to make money for showing them.... but I'm old fashioned, I guess.

I was thinking that the T Buckets low attendance rate at shows could be that the owners are out driving and REALLY having a good time.;) The last year I had my T Bucket, I didn't go to any shows. I just got tired of paying, so people could look at my car. I was getting a better audience at the store, gas stations or just sitting at a stop light. Towards the end, I even started to dislike talking about my car, but did it so as not to be rude.
Maybe that's it, lol... honestly, I don't get out all that much lately... been there, done that, but even in the past, I don't recall seeing very many buckets. I see more listed for sale than in person. I think it's more of a particular taste. Although, everyone seems to think their cool at the cruises, etc... I like having something not mass produced, perse'... a street "legal?" Go cart, of sorts...not to discount other street rods, etc, I like them too, but there's something about building or assembling to taste.

The NTBA puts on a whale of a show at their Nationals every year. Some really innovative buckets are always present. Here's a sampling:

View attachment 13105

I just joined NTBA because of seeing your post and pic. Thanks for posting this. I look forward to them having shows again so we can go check out all the cars.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back