Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Channeled body?

JimL

New to this!!! How do I know if I have a channeled body or not? Want to pit in a new gas tank and some say only for channeled bodies. What am I looking for? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Well, assuming it will rest on the rear frame rails, the tank might be positioned a little higher in relation to the rear of the body.

Shank3.jpg

Can someone post pictures of how to mount the tank to the bed floor? What do the tabs connect to?
Thanks for all your help.

I would recommend bolting the tank to the rear frame rails or cross member, since it will carry a fair amount of weight (gasoline weighs a little over 6 lbs per gallon). Mine - different style tank - is held by steel hoops, bolted to the rear cross member, plus it rests on the frame rails.

13 gas tank.jpg

It sure is, I'm doing my best not to copy Spanky's car......:) I'll do a heavy metal flake paint job to avoid copying Spanky.

Last edited:
My build is going in the direction of this build for now(photo)...except I'm going with the bobtail and an aluminum gas tank on the rear. ( I find that to be the classic T bucket look)

Attachments

• T-bucket.jpeg
    T-bucket.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
The yellow bucket is nice looking. When I first built mine, I had the windshield just like that; perfectly vertical. Not a good idea. During night driving, oncoming headlights will blind you. I had to change it by tipping it back a bit to solve the problem. Just sayin'.
Bill

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back