Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Connector in headlight wiring

Rip VW

I am curious as to if anybody has a headlight harness connector between the headlight and frame where the harness disappears into the frame. I think it would be good if you ever needed to change out the headlight assembly to be able to just disconnect the headlights for replacement or repair. If you have one let me know what you used and how it looks. If you don't have one, why not have one other than a connector is big and bulky. Oh and hard to hide..

I used spade connectors and fished them thru the hollow bolts one at a time so they would fit. I ran 12 gauge wire, but 14 would probably be plenty good and provide more room for additional wires.

FP13_HeadlightWiring_6050.jpg
FP13_HeadlightWireLabels_6058.jpg

Don't forget to include the round trip distance.

WireGaugeToAmpTable01.jpg

I used these on my bucket build since i will be racing it and driving it on the street. This way I can easily disconnect and remove the headlights when racing.

Not sure whats going on but i tried including the amazon link for the connectors. Here is a photo. They are listed on amazon as:
ONLINE LED STORE True MODS 3-Wire Weather Pack Connector Kit Assembled with 10" 12 AWG Wires

71ytf4Mir0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yes Amazon links always do that here, unless you edit the link. You have to delete everything that's shown in BLUE Bold Text below. That's why you see the first RED link, it's been edited.

https://www.amazon.com/ONLINE-LED-STORE-Connector-Assembled/dp/B0160G7IHA

amazon.com/ONLINE-LED-STORE-Connector-Assembled/dp/B0160G7IHA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=T0XMW1HLAFH9&keywords=ONLINE%2BLED%2BSTORE%2BTrue%2BMODS%2B3-Wire%2BWeather%2BPack%2BConnector%2BKit&qid=1693060061&sprefix=online%2Bled%2Bstore%2Btrue%2Bmods%2B3-wire%2Bweather%2Bpack%2Bconnector%2Bkit%2Caps%2C347&sr=8-1&th=1

BTW, if you click on "More Options" and then compose your message, but before you click on "Reply to Thread"(2nd Graphic), click on "Preview" you can see what your message will look like and perform more edits. Clicking on "Preview each time you change something to see how it looks.

This way you are NOT going against 10 minute edit clock that starts once you post your reply.

upload_2023-8-26_11-4-5.png
upload_2023-8-26_11-5-2.png

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back