Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

cooter

just got home with trailer load of parts from RPM. Talkin bout a pile of parts. I should be busy for some time now. overwhelming at the work I have ahead of me. The body work scares me more than anything. Fiberglass is uncharted waters for me. Deep breath me and focus on getting a rolling chassis. This gonna be a long thread.
216_zpspicsyfvl.jpg
214_zpsdiwjpbnl.jpg

Yes!!!!! Let the fun begin.

Looks like an early Christmas. I received lots of those Speedway gifts when I was doing my build. Only got one cheesy part from them is all my orders. Went straight to the trash with it. Lucky it was an inexpensive dodad that wasn't worth returning. Had good luck with them. Fiberglass is easy to work with, Read up and ask questions.
Lee

Im a reading. If they can do it I can do it. Time to add fiberglass to my list of abilities. Im from the hacksaw tribe, I'll saw into anything.

I know the feeling ...... my god how am I going to get thru all this!!! Same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

But it will be fun!!!

Its always fun getting new parts, I got some stuff coming this week. Your probably in the garage as we speak going through boxes.

I remember when my parts came in from CCR. I just stared at the big box for awhile shaking. There is nothing like it. .Enjoy

Is that a crate motor there on the bottom?

Well, I am officially jealous. I pick my truckload of parts up this month. I have my engine at a buddies house waiting to picked up as well. Good luck on the build, I'd love to stop by sometime to see how its coming along.

Well, I am officially jealous. I pick my truckload of parts up this month. I have my engine at a buddies house waiting to picked up as well. Good luck on the build, I'd love to stop by sometime to see how its coming along.
Same here. Id like to see how your build goin as well.

don't know how to make pics smaller. im learning. ran out of shims on one spindle. tried some pinion shims from differential drawer but they were all to large.

Ha ha, this reminds me when I got my first delivery...fresh off the truck!

This is when you rub the back of you neck and say, Let the games begin!
(Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread...carry on)

I looked at instructions for mounting brake hardware and it showes shim on bottom of bearing? Spindle instructions show where i have mine. Does it matter? Look better on bottom i think.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back