Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

I found this video on youtube:
Can one of you engineering types tell me if this method is accurate?
Basic physics. It's the mechanical advantage of a lever. looks very similar to the method described in the link that 409T posted. I suspect it is as acurate as the scale and measurements. The formula is correct. That tongue jack needs some lube!

How big, how tall, how long, how wide, how many pounds(tow weight), how much tongue weight, how many axles, how much was it (if that is too personal, you don't have to answer), what part of the country where it was purchased.

John
8.5 x 20. Trailer weighs 3325lb. Car is 2020lbs total 5325lb. Tongue weight needs to be 9-15% of trailer weight. Reason I bought scales. Tandem axle. Torsion suspension, ramp door. 225/75R15 load range E tires. The stock 205/75R15 tires where right at the limit of their capacity. These tires are rated at 75mph. Factory was 65mph. My half ton truck pulls it fairly well at 60-65.

Do yourself a favor guys and get educated on trailer tires. I read for days. There is a lot of stuff to consider when it comes to tires, ESPECIALLY on a trailer. And buy a SWAY CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooter, it's a whole nother world when you start towing. Thank you for your description. I found the weight of the T interesting. When did you weigh it?

John

That's a nice rig! If you plan on keeping the half ton, air bags help stabilize and reduce sway, but that truck will be getting a workout, imho. I pulled a 36' camper with my half ton with factory tow package and it done ok, I have since rebuilt the rear end, brakes, shocks... my ole 3/4 ton is much better suited, the diesel dually doesn't even seem to notice. Now, time for cabinets, air, generator, lol.

My blue T-bucket also weighs 2020 lbs. Chris Ward was weighing cars at Carson City, and someone else had one that was 2020. Strange.

In the UK, you now have to take a trailer test before you can use one.

Lots of hard work got this T bucket on the road. Still have a long way to go but it's getting there.

Lots of hard work got this T bucket on the road. Still have a long way to go but it's getting there.
You'll never be finished --especially at your age---and the young guns you are bringing up into the world of T-Buckets.

HP/Paint/ and ride will change with time. Wanna bet?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back