Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Heck, I just finished one and already looking at changing my interior and others things.......never done, I will agree!

It took me 3 days to read all of your thread. Your thread is great , lots of pictures. My t body , windshield frame ,20" bed & bed lid haven't arrived yet:(.

WELL, we been wondering where you been! Run in here and build your car, get it finished and disappear for months. Not so much as a fare thee well. :(

Good to see you and the boys keeping busy. :)

I'm still working on car mountain man. Still have interior to go. Still no paint. Lol. We piddling. But we still here.

good to see you back.
G

Good to see you back, Cooter. I was thinking about you guys just the other day.

GM/Rochester quit building Q-Jets before you were born. Learning is a hard task.
One of my first challenges on cars were q jets, then Holley carbs. I have a friend who has a stockpile of them, I keep the 2 jets for parts for my trip power, but haven't messed with them in a while. Great carbs once you figure out the metering tricks. You can use metering rods and jets from 2 g in them as well... shorter rods are richer. I used to keep matching rods and jets on hand for tuning. If you don't have a source for parts, I found that "Mikes carbs" on line has pieces and parts for many carbs. He has brass replacement floats and other ethanol resistant parts to allow them to survive the new crap fuel.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back