Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Corbin body

Have you sat in a tbucket before some are like putting a marshmallow in a piggybank getting in.Especially some with the way the column sits. You still might want extended leg room on standard bodies is tight for driver.

Rick said:
I think Ron said someplace that he's not a very good customer relations guy either.So watch out.

NO NO NO..... You won't find a nicer person to deal with than Rick. He is just old school and does not do computers.

That web site you found is several years old and somebody else put that up there. Those prices an stuff are not any good. Rick is not sure who put that up for him and does not know how to get it taken down

Well, from the price of the doored t, you mentioned earlier...he hasn't raised the prices too much. That too is a good thing.

Ron I found the site people have told me if something can be found on the net I can.

i can.

The Flintstones getting ready to race down a dirt road going to Bedrock.

tedbrown.jpg

$725 seems very reasonable. I priced out materials to build a "Montster-T", out of my mold. I was quoted $900 just for materials. Of course, I live near Snottsdale, Az.

Well, as the saga goes on...
I had to drive out to Youngstown today. On my way back I stopped in Newton Falls at Kennys Rod and Kustom. I saw their t-bucket on ebay, so I decided to take a look. Brian from Kenny's took me around the shop and into their mold room and let me look at the process they go through to make their T-bucket bodies. And, also let me speak to Dan the fiberglass man.
Being someone that wants to see and feel what I am paying for, it was important for me to see and feel the quality of their body. Thoroughly impressed with the care and pride they take into their fiberglass t body I layed the cash on the table and placed my order. Their T-bucket is extended 4" and comes with dash and a reinforced floor. It ran me 750. Although I could have gotten cheaper, being able to be there and talk to them, see their work, and go back in a week with a pickup and grab it instead of dealing with shipping, made all the difference in the world to me.
[attachment=2387:1/4/2/6/1871.attach]

[attachment=2388:1/4/2/6/1872.attach]

[attachment=2389:1/4/2/6/1873.attach]

Good looking bucket nice buy.Now you have to make sure to build your frame to fit the channels in the rear of the body.Not much room for eror there unless you get there frame also.

T-Buckeye, that is my old stomping grounds. I did not know that Kenny was building bodies. I moved from there in '03.

Jim

I saw in your project info on Hotrodders, that you were from this area. Kennys just started building T-bucket bodies a little while ago. They have it listed as a 23-27 bucket.

Rick,
It didn't sink in what you were trying to say to me in your post, till I looked at the picture of the bottom of the body again. It didnt sink in that there were 2 relief cuts for the frame rails. They are 2 3/8" wide and are 24" from center. What I will most likely do is build the side rails and then place them underneath the body and slide the body back to the kickup. Theoretically with the the rails in the relief cuts, all I should have to do is measure the distance between the rails and cut the rear crossmember that way. Of course leaving an extra 1 1/2" at each end to use as caps for my rails.
[attachment=2391:1/4/2/6/1876.attach]

Make sure you have an equal amount of space on both sides of the rails in the pockets so you dont rub the frame.

I figured I would shim the inside of each rail with a 1/4" shim were it rests in the reliefs, that way I would get exact spacing. At least thats how It works out in my head :think:

That mold sure has been around a lot. I went to Hermans and took some pics. I saw the mold he just built and I also the plug body he used. My body was made by Norwoods Fiberglass here in Sevierville, TN about 4 years ago. Before that there was a Tub from Norwoods. They all look like your body from Kenny's. Now I know that Tim Norwood sold that mold to a guy in California. I even contacted the guy to try and buy it back a few years ago. Here is a pic of the tub we built about 5 years ago. I have to wonder who made the first mold like that?

If I was you I would cut all that out of the back of that body. It makes it extremly difficult to put upholstery in it. The new car has had all that cut out.
norwoodstub.jpg

RPM said:
If I was you I would cut all that out of the back of that body. It makes it extremly difficult to put upholstery in it. The new car has had all that cut out.
To be honest, it is easier for me to conform the upholstery then to modify the body. I have done upholstery, I haven't done fiberglass yet. Like they say "Go with what you know."

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back