Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Corbin body

We used a van seat in the rear of that tub body. We had to modify the seat frame a lot to get it to fit over the rail molding in the body. There just was not a lot of room for the springs.

I can definitely imagine. I am not saying forming the seat to fit isn't going to be a process. I would rather scrap a seat or two, than screw up a new body:lol:.

Buckeye ... If you are going to use the "plans" i have posted, you could really benifit from making a wood 2x4 mockup frame. Cut the front side rails at 86" instead of 88". The drive shaft tunnel will dictate how much kick you can dial into your frame. One thing in your favor is the fact that the p/u box is separate from the body. This give you a fudge factor on the heigth of your kick. You can mount the box where the balance looks the best. I would layout the kick on a piece of cardboard to get the lengths for the kick and rear side rail tubes. Weld the sides with the kick first and fit them to the body. This will tell you how long to cut your rear crossmember. If you end up with a longer rear cross member, run a piece of string from the center of the front cross member to the center of the rear cross member and adjust for the squarness. Please don't think you have to follow the "plans to the letter. They where meant to be a starting point for building the chassis. Modifing is what T buckets are all about. If you have any questions at all, post them and I'll help work them out with you. No need to tell you to take pics of the process, right?

Ron

Definitely will post pics of the process. I figure, just as you said, I will use 2x4's to use as mock rails. Accordingly, that way I can make any adjustment of angle to the kick, also allowing me to adjust the height of it. I will make a cardboard bed, so I can see at what position I will mount the real bed. I will, without a doubt, have to bug you guys on approximate shock length. But, I will get back to you on that when its time to install the rear coilovers.

Just a hint. you might want to rip those boards down to 1.5 x 3 (half an inch off the 4 side) that extra bit can come back to bite you!:razz:

I live in Valdosta and just got my bucket from Corbin last week. I am in the parts business and I deal with C C Corbin all the time. He can be reached at 229-740-1501. He has bodies, chassis, rollers and complete cars on hand now.. His biggest issue is that he doesn't have much inside storage, most stuff sits outside in the weather.I got the stretched version with more legroom and width. His website Corbinrods.com doesn't begin to show all that he has. If you visit his site and look at the turnkey page, I got that yellow T with the long bed and Cad engine. Don't missconstrue this, I don't work for Corbins, but I do love to go by and see all the projects sitting all around. Hershey, Valdosta, Ga

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back