Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

COVID 19 concerns

I don't want to muddy up DonnyRay's "My ProjecTee" tread with Chinese talk... I heard on the news that the Chinese Gov. was telling it's people how the Chinese is saving the world by supplying much needed goods to everybody!

Alrighty then! We'll all be safe from corvi19, . Now I'm feeling happy. Thank you Chinese folks. No offense to any Chines T Bucketeers.

I don't want to muddy up DonnyRay's "My ProjecTee" tread with Chinese talk... I heard on the news that the Chinese Gov. was telling it's people how the Chinese is saving the world by supplying much needed goods to everybody!

Thats great. I hear they are sending out face masks to people that have not even ordered them.:confused::rolleyes:

After spending up to 16 weeks a year in China for the last umpteen years, I can guarantee that the Chinese people only hear what the Communist government wants them to hear! The internet restrictions are funny at times.(i.e. No searching for car parts, tbuckeeteer.com, the NTBA site, etc. are all inaccessible!) Their version of Instant Messaging, WeChat, is monitored very closely, as well. I WeChat , regularly, with a gentleman that used to work for me and he is always very careful.

After spending up to 16 weeks a year in China for the last umpteen years, I can guarantee that the Chinese people only hear what the Communist government wants them to hear! The internet restrictions are funny at times.(i.e. No searching for car parts, tbuckeeteer.com, the NTBA site, etc. are all inaccessible!) Their version of Instant Messaging, WeChat, is monitored very closely, as well. I WeChat , regularly, with a gentleman that used to work for me and he is always very careful.
Our media is rapidly approaching that state.

I live in Waterford Township, in the middle of Oakland County, Michigan; about halfway between Detroit and Flint. Detroit has a major international airport and was one of the early hot spots. Last I knew, there were about 8,000 cases, all in the southeastern corner of he county, next to Detroit. I’m 15 miles away, where the number of cases is less than 20, mostly in a few homes.

The shutdown has been tuff on everyone around here; even the weather has been bad; cold, wet and gloomy. We’ve been getting about one sunny day per week. My garage isn’t heated, so a couple weeks ago, I was able to build a decent welding table. Last week I got up enough guts to go down to Factory Steel, in Detroit, to get steel tubing for my chassis. I was kind of strange seeing those big burly guys in dirty overalls, wearing clean dainty little face masks. I didn’t want to insult them, so I waited until I got out of sight to wipe everything down with alcohol.

My neighbor across the street has been in the hospital for about 7 weeks now with it. His wife tested positive yet only showed very mild symptoms. She has been quarantined and hasnt been able to be with him. Meanwhile he is on a respirator and is having kidney issues while alone with no loved ones around. All I know currently is he is touch and go and if he does survive he will have severe kidney damage. It's very sad to watch her sit at her front door and talk to people standing outside using a phone. Even her grown children sit in chairs out on the lawn trying to comfort her using a phone while she sits sadly at the door.

How did we get to this point??? This is 3rd world country s#@t. It's common to see people wearing masks in those countries but not hear in the good Ole US of A. And when did washing your hands and covering your sneeze or cough become a thing? Those are things I learned as a kid. All I can do is stand back and watch all this craziness and shake my head. We better wise up quickly. The media sure doesn't help either.

A LOT of your Citizens are in a world of hurt, especially places like New York and surrounds. Really feel for what you're all having to go thru. Just so pleased it hasn't taken hold (to the best of my knowledge) with those on this great Forum.
Stay Safe everyone.

Looks like we're finally going back to full time at work this Wednesday.

Just our small maintenance and grounds crew.

We'll be spending the first week just pulling knee high weeds. They're everywhere.

Things in Texas must be getting back toward "normal". Yesterday, regular gas went from $1.29 to $1.40 in a town near me.
I have been blessed in that I found a new line of work in February. I became essential and have been traveling around to jobs in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas & just yesterday was in Clovis, NM.
We are using a camper instead of motels & restaurants as a bit of self-protection.

So far, I only have known one person that has contacted the virus. She is a nurse, and has recovered and is back at work now.

Last week Pfizer got the green light for their vaccine, Moderna got the green light yesterday. How many of us are going the get the vaccine soon?

I’m going to wait and se how it goes with the masses. If there are just a small number of cases of negative reactions, them I probably get the vaccine. Otherwise???!!!!

I’m going to wait and se how it goes with the masses. If there are just a small number of cases of negative reactions, them I probably get the vaccine. Otherwise???!!!!

While I respect IG's approach! However, I am with Neshkoro, I am going to wait and see!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back