Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cruisin' the Coast

Did anyone else go to Cruisin' the Coast? This is a great event! Well over 7000 cruisers this year, perfect weather, great scenery. Highly recommended.

This is in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. There are many events over several cities in about a 25-mile stretch. Gulfport, Biloxi, Ocean Springs, D'Iberville, Pass Christian, and Bay St. Louis all have events. Well worth the trip.

I would like to go one day if I can ever get my hoopty finished. Looks like a lot of fun!

I trailered it this year but have driven it to the Coast before. 500 miles in one weekend can get tiring in a T! If you've never been, it is pretty amazing. Hwy 90 on the beach at Gulfport and Biloxi is bumper-to-bumper hot rods with crowds lining the beach and cheering like it's a parade! Many have signs saying BURN OUT! and of course I couldn't resist. Mississippi is very friendly to street rods and the police do not harass anyone.

We were there from the Friday before till Sunday (9 days). I seen your car (if that is your car in your pic) in Ocean Springs I believe. I took a ton of pictures of other cars but took hardly anything of my cars. Go figure. Thursday morning was the best. We went to Bay St. Louis Thursday morning to get our stamp. On the way back around 11 am there was solid hot rods heading west to get their stamps. I wish I had my camera but it was awesome. This was our 8th year.

It is burnout central in front of the Mall not to mention a few other places.
I never did that stuff until this year. True there's some tire squealing but very little actual misbehavior. My car lays rubber quite easily and is not squirrelly at all. It's a lot of fun when you do it safely. I'm not going to be the guy who gets kicked out for breaking the rules!

We were there from the Friday before till Sunday (9 days). I seen your car (if that is your car in your pic) in Ocean Springs I believe. I took a ton of pictures of other cars but took hardly anything of my cars. Go figure. Thursday morning was the best. We went to Bay St. Louis Thursday morning to get our stamp. On the way back around 11 am there was solid hot rods heading west to get their stamps. I wish I had my camera but it was awesome. This was our 8th year.
Glad you could make it. I did spend a bit of time in Ocean Springs, and unless there's another T with a skull grille and bones paint job, I'm sure it was me. Were we parked close to each other?

I found this year had a lot of T buckets, A/C cobras and early Broncos. There was a bunch of other cars too but those seemed like more than previous years.

Oh and F650's all jacked up. There was at least 10 I seen Saturday night. That is an expensive truck to start with.

Random T

Before we left.

In the trailer.

In Long Beach at the parade.

My favorite car of the whole week.

Beach view from the wifes Cobra Friday night the weekend before.

Random T

Before we left.

In the trailer.

Random T

Before we left.

In the trailer.

Random T

Before we left.

In the trailer.

Hot Rod Magazine T at speedway display.

My favorite T.

A few of the extreme F650's.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back