Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cutting a flex braided radiator hose?

Kurt64

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I bought a flexable braided upper radiator hose for my T but it's too long....about 6 inches or so. If I cut that much off, it will be back where the spiral groove and spring are. Will it still deal if I cut it that far back? My opinion is no, but anyone ever done this successfully?

[QUOTE="Kurt64, post: 209239, Will it still deal if....?[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Will it still seal... I hate auto-correct

No ! But you have options 1- find a shorter flex hose 2- find a preformed hose you can cut 3- Napa carries a formable flex hose that's consistent size that can be cut ..go back to what you took off ....

No problem cutting spring. It just keeps hose from sucking shut.
I was actually talking about the hose itself. With that spiral groove going the length of the hose, I was unsure if I could get it to seal properly under the hose clamp .

No ! But you have options 1- find a shorter flex hose 2- find a preformed hose you can cut 3- Napa carries a formable flex hose that's consistent size that can be cut ..go back to what you took off ....
What was on there leaked. The guy that had it before me used a 1.75 ID hose on a 1.5 OD pipe by adding another short piece of smaller diameter hose between them....it didn't work very well.

That's how those work , when you buy those they come with adapter sleeves that you stack , a friend's started leaking and we used pieces of radiator hose. For sleeves 6 or7 years ago....

ORF , I believe he's talking about one of those universal flex hoses that hand a straight collar on each end..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back