Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Danny Eichstedt T-Bucket

Does anyone have any color pictures of Danny Eichstedt's T-Bucket?

scan.jpg

DannyEichstedtT009.jpg

DannyEichstedtT008.jpg

DannyEichstedtT007.jpg

LumenAl said:
Talk about a serious "Stance" I'd would have really enjoyed to hear it too with that exhaust!

This thing is "Sick"! x's 2 on the hearing it run part. A little taller and wider meats out back would set this car off imho.

My wife talks about sitting up more exposed in our T (she's used to sitting down into our Porsche Speedster replica), she would really talk about being exposed in that one. Nice car though and a neat look, I remember seeing it in the magazine but don't have pics or that issue but here is a link to an article and some photos:

http://nunesfireandice.com/legshow.html

Great artical.That car is a sweet piece for sure.At the bottom of the page gives his email addy if you wanna but it.Wonder what he wants for it.No i cant afford it but would like to know.

Ted Brown said:
Danny is a good friend of mine, and if I remember right, that was probably as big a street type tire He could find at the time..

Agree with you there Ted. Is the car still around and running? I bet those new MT's Radial tires would set this thing off, imho.

Well I have not talked with Danny in a couple of years now, He had some health problems at home, back then, and I really do need to get back down South and talk with him.. if He is still kickin, you never know these days, we are here one day, and gone the next it seems... Life is waaaay too short...

Ted Brown said:
Well there is nothing more needs to be said, nice to be able to tot your own horn that much, but it was Danny's idea, and just coppied/redone by Nunes. He never did give Danny any credit:(

Ted... on the website it says, "Danny's "LEG SHOW" T was featured in ROD AND CUSTOM, COVER CAR, January 1971."

It's kinda in the middle, easy to overlook...

I reckon its stunning. And the rear tyres are period perfect as they are.

From reading Nunes article/advertisement, I see he did mention the original builder, but he gave the guy minimal credit. Really, the article was all about himself.

I have noticed that the cars owned/built by members of the Early Times club tended to be trendsetters. Ted may be able to tell us why they kept putting out so many great cars!

Hot Rod Todd said:
I reckon its stunning. And the rear tyres are period perfect as they are.

From reading Nunes article/advertisement, I see he did mention the original builder, but he gave the guy minimal credit. Really, the article was all about himself.

I have noticed that the cars owned/built by members of the Early Times club tended to be trendsetters. Ted may be able to tell us why they kept putting out so many great cars!
Great cars, probably because they were all trying to be better than the LA Roadsters.. hehe and we all helped each other a lot, back then...

there was a thread on the hamb last summer claiming the car was still around and i think it said being freshened up. maybe ted could check with his old friend to see what's up.

Ron

headers like that look much better than they sound or perform. i have used them a couple of times to get a car on the street. they where the first thing to get up graded tho.

Ron

Youngster said:
headers like that look much better than they sound or perform. i have used them a couple of times to get a car on the street. they where the first thing to get up graded tho.

Ron
You have got to remember, that with any unblown engine, the exhaust system totally controls the horsepower, the very best is hard to do, as it is 8 into one collector, in firing order rotation, coned in the center, with a proper squeeze, and a proper stinger with a 4 to 6 inch flare at the end... but that is hard to get, and keep the pipes the right length, so next is a set of 180s, I hate the sound of those myself, next for a SBC depending where you want or need the power, head pipe size from 1 5/8 to 2 1/8 OD= 1 1/2 to 2" ID bigger for killing wheel spin, less bottom end, the smaller the pipe the more bottom you get, and a 2" cross over "before" the squeeze nets anything from 7 to 15 HP more... but that is without mufflers for max profromance,, but we are talking street T Buckets here, so a good system, 4 into one, each side, will do the best job... gotta have the right amount of back presure... But looks is always the number one thing about these Ts it seems, right?? hehe

Youngster said:
there was a thread on the hamb last summer claiming the car was still around and i think it said being freshened up. maybe ted could check with his old friend to see what's up.

Ron
Well Guys, I talked with Danny this AM, Sat. 21 and he told me He sold the car back in the late 80s to a fellow in Mich. I think He said..well anyway the guy had a few problems with the car, and ended up parting it out, Nunes went back there and bought the body, windshield and top. Took it back to Calif, and put it on his old T frame, and then went on from there to try and recreate the Leg Show... Danny said He is asking $100.000 for the car now...

nice to know ted...thanks.

Ron

Thank all of YOU for the kind words.
Ted Brown let me know about this site.
Yes, I am still kicking...and tring to kick the S$%T out of cancer.
For though of you that want to know...I'm tring to finish a 57 T-Bird.
And all of YOU can guess it's not stock. Ted put a new front end under it for me some years back. It's now painted and I'm getting back to it.
Thank all of YOU again..
Dan Eichstedt

Can you post some picks of your rides Danny?We as a group like picks we thrive on them.I would like to see more of your Famous T if you can.Thanks for joining the site.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back