Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted Enclosed Car Trailer

G'Day ORF,
If USA is anything like here in Aus, there's stuff all USA manufactured steel around any more, the Chinese have swamped the world markets. One guy here that manufacturers Hot rod Chassis' went close to shutting up shop because he couldn't source good steel. He eventually found a supply and has stated that when that runs out he will be retiring. Sad situation that the Chinese have been allowed to do what they have and get away with it.

I have a 20' trailer and an uphill drive way. I always scrapped the back end pulling out. Therefore, the boggie wheels were added. Glad that I have them. Many gas stations are up a small hill drive.

Thanks rbsWelder, I will leave the bogie wheels in the quote then !

I'm thinking of moving forward on the purchase from R&M Race Trailers.

I'm trying to decide on where to have the factory mount the two spare tires. I'm thinking
of putting both on the short wall between the side door and the V nose of the trailer on the
inside. They would be mounted one above the other. Trying not to block my need to install
a bench or cabinets in the future.

Where would you mount 2 spares, comment please ???

Last edited:
I'd put them one each side low on the V walls at the front above the draw bar. Would add a little to the ball weight but should be OK and they won't add to the width of the trailer in that position.
Regards,

I'd put them one each side low on the V walls at the front above the draw bar.
Are you talking about mounting them on the outside of the trailer?

If inside, then wouldn't that get in the way of cabinets or bench?

That sure would free up some room inside. Besides, I'm not sure the spares will even fit on that short wall at this time.

Inside is the BEST......They will last twice as long...…..I have started out with them on the outside and moved them inside cause they just do not live out side very well.....Work around them building you cabinets, trust me you will thank me some time in the future.....Well maybe not!

Indycars wrote, Are you talking about mounting them on the outside of the trailer?
Yes Indy, so they don't take up room inside the trailer, vinyl covers will keep the sun and weather off them

Mount them inside towards the rear door up high if all you are gonna carry is the Bucket and small cars/trucks.
IMG_1149-1.jpg

Ok, I'm so confused !!! Lol !

But I very much appreciate everyone's comments. It seems it might be a personal choice. I don't know if a spare tire would even fit on the short wall between he side door and the v nose on a 18 foot trailer.

More comments are very welcome !

Mounting them outside would free up space, but they are vulnerable to theft, uv rays, and may be difficult to remove in a pinch when broke down as hardware trends to rust and corrode. Just a thought. There are better mounts and hard covers available, depending on taste and budget. Look at rv accessory sites for ideas if interested.

Next choice is in the floor. Up front side by side or in the middle under car. Just make it easy to access if trailer is loaded. Don't forget jack and stands for safety. Not having enough equipment when on the road traveling means you should also have towing insurance--AAA Premier-- or such so both tow and towed wont be left on the side of the road..
InFloor Spare Tire Compartment.jpg Spre Tire Compartment Closed.jpg Ext Spare Tire Mount.jpg Recessed Winch Compartment.jpg Int Spare Tire Bracket.jpg Tire Cover.jpg

Cargo Trailer Options | Cargo Trailer Parts | Cargo Express

Last edited:
I am helping a customer sell his 2020 cargo mate eliminator series black trailer. He is supposed to be getting pictures of the trailer today. He has used it one time. Trailer is located in Florida. It is 20' long and 8.5 wide. Has bigger side door than normal trailers, bumper pull with tandem axles, checkboard floor, painted white in the inside, LED lights on the inside with plug ins. More information and price to come once i talk to him. Only reason he is selling the trailer is that he physically can't finish his hot rod. he is selling his Model A coupe too.

Thanks again guys for all the ideas !

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back