Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted Enclosed Car Trailer

Rick if you find one of them trailers see about two cause I am in the market also....They are scarce as hens teeth.,..
Should I check and see if we can get a discount on 2 trailers?

Mine are mounted inside for security reasons, one over the other.

My camera broke, but I just finished up putting a 19' Carefree Light manual awning on my trailer.

I would leave them on the floor in the nose out of the way for now, you'll find a place for them that suits you after a couple of outings. As long as you have them with you, your all set !

No Rick I am going to run this one for at least one more season cause I don't know how good I am going to be able to travel yet.....Thanks anyway....

No Rick I am going to run this one for at least one more season cause I don't know how good I am going to be able to travel yet.....Thanks anyway....

I'll move to N.M. and drive you where ever you want to go in the MMR but we would have to buy a double stacker so we could carry both Buckets. I would do that for you since you, Angel and the pups are my friends.:D:Do_Oo_O:whistling::whistling::roflmao::roflmao: Better ask Angel first, huh?

Bruce I don't think that would solve my sitting problem....Driving is not the problem I have so I will just carry on until I just can't no more...….I am much better after the back surgery, but time will tell...…………….Thanks for the help and we will see you in Tenn...…...

I would leave them on the floor in the nose out of the way for now, you'll find a place for them that suits you after a couple of outings. As long as you have them with you, your all set !
Excellent idea, that's what I'm going to do. I see there is an E-Track mount that looks like
it would be a good choice for mounting later.
Only $15.17
upload_2020-1-24_10-9-33.png

OK, next question. The trailer is 18 feet long with another 18 inches for the V nose.

If I mount it too far forward it's in the way of any cabinets and too far towards the
rear and I'm tripping over it. Maybe an in the floor mount?

Where do I have them mount the winch plate ?

Last edited:
Here's how I did mine:

My cabinets are approx 42" tall, in the v-section and extend from ceiling down leaving about 36" to the floor clear underneath. I could mount my spare on the wall there but prefer to just let it lay in the floor. Much easier to get out if needed.

Trailer interior lights were powered by tow vehicle battery so no lights unless hooked up. I mounted a 12V battery on trailer floor in the center front of V, grounded to frame and ran wiring to charge battery while driving. Rewired so that interior trailer lights now powered by battery in trailer. I then mounted winch and plate directly to rear of trailer battery in the V which simplifies that connection.. Lights in trailer and winch can now be operated without trailer being attached to tow vehicle.

I then mounted winch and plate directly to rear of trailer battery in the V which simplifies that connection. Lights in trailer and winch can now be operated without trailer being attached to tow vehicle.
That's true if the cabinets are off the floor and the winch mounted on the floor and
underneath them, then you are not going trip over the winch.

I guess when anyone is not using the trailer for months, then you pull the battery out
and keep it on the charger.

On my car hauler I installed a 2” trailer hitch receiver. My winch is mounted to a hitch mount plate like for a Jeep so I can remove it and use it on my truck or whatever. The hitch also allows me to haul another trailer and secure it to the hitch. I don’t know how or if that would fit into your vision, but it is very useful to me. I built a storage box into the tongue to store the winch, chains, etc.

That's true if the cabinets are off the floor and the winch mounted on the floor and
underneath them, then you are not going trip over the winch.

I guess when anyone is not using the trailer for months, then you pull the battery out
and keep it on the charger

Or install a solar battery mender on the trailer roof.

My camera broke, but I just finished up putting a 19' Carefree Light manual awning on my trailer.
How difficult was that installation? How long did it take you?

I bet that will be nice to have available !!!

Took 1 day to install railing which is 20' long. Had a kid to help me slide the awning into rail and hold ladder while I installed the 4 screws at top and let him go. Later I installed the 4 bottom screws and adjusted all and put finishing touches wit last 2 screws that keeps the awning material from sliding.

My health hinders me but you should be able to put one on in about 2 hours+ They are easy to do but some of them are real expensive Mine is a manual roll-up.
this is a spring roll-up on a horse trailer, but the same on anything..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back