Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Engine Tuning Issues

Okay, I got the set up and installed it this past weekend. The tuning for the most part was as simple as stated in the advertisment, which was set the idle and go. I now have slightly greater vacuum than before, but the performance is absolutely AMAZING. There is tremendous throttle response off idle with no stumble, hesitation or hickup. I can literally stand on it from a standstill and she takes off like a rocket. As you can see, I am very impressed and believe that this is the hot ticket for anyone already running a tunnel ram, or for those that like the look and want the performance too.

Okay, I got the set up and installed it this past weekend. The tuning for the most part was as simple as stated in the advertisment, which was set the idle and go. I now have slightly greater vacuum than before, but the performance is absolutely AMAZING. There is tremendous throttle response off idle with no stumble, hesitation or hickup. I can literally stand on it from a standstill and she takes off like a rocket. As you can see, I am very impressed and believe that this is the hot ticket for anyone already running a tunnel ram, or for those that like the look and want the performance too.
Mr
Mr Fixit got any pics of that new setup on your T ?

Darn there Mr. Fixit.....that looks PURDY!:thumbsup:

Steve, looks good. Now you'll have to get em polished. Could you shoot some pix of the plenum area on both castings, especially the 5,7 plenum (if it is different)? Also did they give you tuning info for the carbs. The carbs are 570s(?), do they have 4 corner idle adjustment? Did they mention the jet and accelerator set up?

Thanks in advance, John

My only concern would be that IF 1 carb w/ lean [malfunction of some sort] you'd probably destroy a piston or 2 before you even realized that you had a problem . Otherwise looks great! Don't want to sound like a wet blanket!!

dave

----My only concern would be that IF 1 carb w/ lean [malfunction of some sort] you'd probably destroy a piston or 2 before you even realized that you had a problem . Otherwise looks great! Don't want to sound like a wet blanket!!----

Well, if 1 corner leaned out, theres a open plenum below that carb thats open to the 4 runners going into those 4 cylinders. Inside that plenum, the power pulses of the other cylinders, it does slightly having a very small equalizing effect, especially at low rpms. You'd definitely have a problem as rpm built up....but down low....with that much plenum volume, probably notice it pretty quick.
Ever seen a tunnelram sweating on the runners?

Steve, looks good. Now you'll have to get em polished. Could you shoot some pix of the plenum area on both castings, especially the 5,7 plenum (if it is different)? Also did they give you tuning info for the carbs. The carbs are 570s(?), do they have 4 corner idle adjustment? Did they mention the jet and accelerator set up?

Thanks in advance, John

Since the advertisement offered a full money back guarantee and when I spoke with the owner, he affirmed this, I was waiting until I saw the positive results before I sent the parts off for ceramic coating to match the Weiand piece below.

The carbs are Quick Fuel 570s and the jetting is specific, but not matched within each carb. They do not have four corner idle adjustment, but do have internal mods as per Wayne, the designer and owner of the patent pending design.

Wayne is a very professional, detail oriented guy that will be happy to speak with you. If you are interested in this type of set up, give him a call. Here is the website again that has all of the pertinant info. www.coloraradohotrodparts.com

Good luck...

----My only concern would be that IF 1 carb w/ lean [malfunction of some sort] you'd probably destroy a piston or 2 before you even realized that you had a problem . Otherwise looks great! Don't want to sound like a wet blanket!!----

Well, if 1 corner leaned out, theres a open plenum below that carb thats open to the 4 runners going into those 4 cylinders. Inside that plenum, the power pulses of the other cylinders, it does slightly having a very small equalizing effect, especially at low rpms. You'd definitely have a problem as rpm built up....but down low....with that much plenum volume, probably notice it pretty quick.
Ever seen a tunnelram sweating on the runners?

Speaking of sweating, I don't think that I mentioned that the upper manifold (new parts) get ice cold when the engine is running. Even though the tunnel below does warm up after a while from heat transfer from the engine, thus far even after an hour long drive the tops stay cold.

The other day when it was raining and I was running the engine (shop doors open of course), the tops were icy and dripping water like crazy. I quickly shut her down thinking that I had a bad gas leak but was happy that it was only condensation.:thumbsup:

My only concern would be that IF 1 carb w/ lean [malfunction of some sort] you'd probably destroy a piston or 2 before you even realized that you had a problem . Otherwise looks great! Don't want to sound like a wet blanket!!

dave

I was wondering what a wet blanket sounds like, now I know. LOL :D

Hahaha......:thumbsup:

Mr. Fixit, have you had a chance to check the mileage with your new setup?

Wait till you drive it on a cold night and that condensation freezes and covers the top part of the manifold with a film of ice, it looks cool!

Mr fixit, Am looking at the same setup. How do you like it now you had it on you t for awhile .thanks Leon

It is a total change in performance. The engine has no more hesitation whatsoever at any speed. I can floor it from a standstill and spin the tires without any bog. I highly recommend this and Wayne is a gem. In fact he continues to contact me just to check in on the performance. Good luck.

Good plan. He not only sells the product, but he will stay with you and coach you through the tuning until it is right.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back