Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fadsters new photos volume 1

Andys instant T isn`t for sale , it now has a blower back on and is very seldom seen out of the garage these days, it`s still i mint nick,
Russ

So thats it, we are done. The T is fully rebuilt. New cage, engine refreshed and gearbox rebuilt with a SFI ballistic bell housing. Engine dyno'ed out at 966 hp with 955 ft/lbs torque. Power curve was fantastic and now with the engine motor plated front and back it feels really quick on the road. I'll find out how fast this weekend for the first race in our series....I'll keep you posted.

See if I can find some pics here for you and maybe a vid.......

DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

[ame="[media=youtube]bMptpfp4ZSI[/media]"]YouTube - Insanitee[/ame]

Hope you enjoy.

Really sorry I haven't posted for a while....been a bit busy :D

Nice makes ours look easy to get into.

Do they have a special class now for the street T Buckets? as they won't even make a legal altered, too much engine set back, over 25% :D ... I Love to see and hear all the wild rides.. I will keep mine tamed down from now on, as I Love to drive on the street, lots of places to go and people to see and they LOVE to ride... :)

Ted they don't have class racing at the local tracks, at least not here. It is all bracket racing. So it is run what ya brung and hope ya brought enough. In Andys case looks like he has plenty to bring.

RPM said:
Ted they don't have class racing at the local tracks, at least not here. It is all bracket racing. So it is run what ya brung and hope ya brought enough. In Andys case looks like he has plenty to bring.
Bout time they did that, should have been that way all along (Bracket racing) more fun that way, just like street racing, but safer on a track... Glad I like cruzin, HP is waaaay tooo tempting :D and there is way too much radar these days and nights it seems... and if it's out there, it will find ME. hehe

Yeah Buddy!!
Thats how I want mine to go ! LOL
But then mine seems quick enough,,,,,for now,,,:D
Thanks for the up date it is really looking good

might try a cherry picker to get in and out ... just kidding you. awesome car andy!!

Ron

Couple of things then..... yep, its run what you brung. Other classes in the UK fall into the MSA, motor sports association, and these are very similar to the classes you run in the States.

Chassis must be tagged for all but RWYB, where only a few requirements are enforced like seat belts, extinguisher and crash helmets for drivers exceeding 100 mph ( that will be me then ).

We do have a non bracket class called "Street Eliminator" where cars must be road legal and participate in a cruise. To be fair, they are barely legal and the cruise mustn't be a long one because most see to be at about 220 degrees after a run ! Quickest cars in street eliminator are running 7.7's which is pretty stout.

You don't tend to see any RWYB cars running less than 8 seconds and it'll be good to be (hopefully) the fastest hot rod in the UK, which is the aim for this year.

I don't know if you've noticed the thread on the HAMB about lack of respect for T buckets but I have tried to stand our corner there !!

The rollcage is a nuisance but I'd rather stand some chance of walking away after a crash if possible and thats the reason I used a professional chassis builder to fabricate the CDS tubing and bring it within MSA specs.

I'll be on again next week to let you all know how we got on but its off to pack the tools, we leave in a couple of hours for an early start.

All the best from your friends in the UK.

Andy

andy fadster said:
I don't know if you've noticed the thread on the HAMB about lack of respect for T buckets but I have tried to stand our corner there !!

I have seen that thread. Too many narrow views over there to waste my time arguing. I have personally experienced that it comes from the top.

Originally Posted by andy fadster

awwww..what do they know??????lol

Ron

Lots of jealousy out there, You can bet it is from those that do not have a T Bucket, and wish they did, as the T Buckets are the most popular Hot Rod going, anywhere, those from 9 to 99 love a T Bucket... So, If you don't have one, Bad mouth them.. :sorry: Love it!!!! as that is the biggest form of compliment we can get... :laff:

Well what a fantastic weekend that was ! Turned up on the friday evening to what can only be described as warm (we are in the UK after all !!) at 11 degrees and got pleasingly drunk.

Saturday morning arrived and the T was scrutineered and passed. Couple of comments about rollcage padding but I've promised that will be done for next time :)

First run up the track gave us a 9.9 on the engine with no gas. Best run of the weekend was 9.7 with no gas.

Best nitrous run was 9.32 @151 mph which is a big lift on mph from last year. We were 3 tenths down on last years figures at the 8th mile so with a warmer track and some more work on the damping rates, i think an eight second run should happen at next months race at Santa Pod.

The best part of the weekend was being the fastest car at the track....including the proper dragsters !! so thats a real result. Needless to say, I won the first round of our championship so thats 2000 points which is a great start to the season.

A good friend was at the track and we fixed his camcorder to the rollcage so I'll link them up when he has put them onto his site.

Best MPH was 153 and only at 6700, so there's more room for a lift on the nitrous as time goes on.....

All the best from the UK.

Andy

Ron, you asked for em so here they are from last weekend at Santa Pod Raceway on Northampton...........Finally got that 8 but it took some doing..........

first run of the day
MF4M2686.jpg

wheel stand clip

Could be any track.......with a spill !
MF4M3193.jpg

No radiator doesn't mean you can't run eh ?
MF4M3330.jpg

MF4M3331.jpg

MF4M3332.jpg

Looking like a fuel altered !!
MF4M3341.jpg

That won't do !
MF4M3346.jpg

End of the fuel altered days
MF4M3485.jpg

1 Scrapyard radiator and we are off again !
MF4M4814.jpg

Not bad for a 10 radiator
MF4M4815.jpg

Looking for an 8
MF4M5070.jpg

Predictably fighting it all the way ..........
MF4M5074.jpg

Done it !!!!!!!
MF4M5079.jpg

MF4M5081.jpg

And the Video kindly captured by Jase........
[ame="[media=youtube]agMZeTJydIo[/media]"]YouTube - Andy Fadster 8.9 sec run in his Street Legal T Bucket[/ame]

All street legal

"Thats all folks "

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back