Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fadsters new photos volume 1

There is no anti-roll bar on the rear Bruce, its all a little bit primitive I'm afraid. Do you think one would make a whole heap of difference ?

I am changing the third member within the next couple of weeks from the current 28 spline LSD to a 35 spline detroit locker on a Yukon aluminium (sorry, aluminum :lol:) third member..

The T usually hooks up really well although some think that the 1.4 60fts are a bit weak and could be improved upon.

Well, we did it. At the recent Nostalgia Nationals held at Shakespeare County Raceway, I achieved a 8.801@ 156 mph. There are loads more pics to post on here and I'll do that over the next few days.

The T now wears a larger wing and has a small nitrous upgrade which helped. With a little axle location and angle, I've broken into the 1.37's on the 60 ft.

The T is now feeling like its really flying and I believe there are a few more tunes left in it yet, although work on my other project is about to commence, I'm trying to keep my eyes on the ball until the end of the season.

New project I hear you ask ? Thats right, a copy of "Pure Hell" of Rich Guasco. Not a faithful rendition down to the last nut and bolt but close enough to fool some, although it will be called "Pure Help"...which seems suitable considering its me !!

The bodyshell is here along with the wheels for the front and some similar ones for the rear. I've got the diff, just need the housing, got the steering box, think I've sorted a big block motor...no Hemi unfortunately but then there was a rendition with Chevy power and one of my drag racing mates is helping with the chassis. Front end is sorted too so hopefully by this time next year, we may see a copy that does some justice.

Ok, So here goes.

We had a meeting called the Nostalgia Nationals at Shakespeare County Raceway earlier this month and had a fantastic time. The T recorded a run of 8.801 on slicks at 154 mph. Not too shabby and my best run ever.

The meeting was spoilt for me by my last race with a fuel altered called "Helles Belle" who had a mishap about midtrack, that would be about 130 mph.

This photo captured the "moment" perfectly.....

fad1.jpg

Later in the day, I was invited to have the T photo shot by "Custom Car" magazine, basically the only custom / hot rod magazine in the UK. The photos were nice and I was treated like royalty. I cannot post those shots yet cos they haven't appeared in the magazine yet, so you'll have to wait for those.

Nice meeting was at Santa Pod raceway which is home to the top fuel cars of the UK and a premier location for Europe FIA.

A tough meeting for me, the track was sponsoring the Mopar Nationals and heavy iron was tearing the track up all weekend so really fast runs were not the order of the day...I was running 9.01's right through to 9.07's all day, always looking for that 8 !!

Another hard launch.........

mopars20096.jpg

Long rolling burnouts provided the crowd with some photo opportunities and some traction for the T........

mopars20092.jpg

Always take the time to relax with the "Daisy Dukes" who were doing shoots for the Mopar Association.......why they want a fat bloke in a T is anybodies guess !!

mopars20095.jpg

santapodmopars2.jpg

Strong launches and bending wheely bars were the order of the day for the Sunday and this shot is typical of the wheels up action the T did all day........

mopars20099.jpg

A busy race track left plenty of time to chat with the other racers and race fans in the pairing lanes with more photos of some real cool cars.....well, I am a bit biased.

mopars20098.jpg

mopars200910.jpg

santapodmopars1.jpg

Anyway, the upshot of the whole weekend was a run straight through qualifying and eliminations and a win in the final with a 8.97 @ 147mph. There was a steady 15 mph head wind all weekend and that affected the ETs and top end speeds but I'm really happy with the way the T progressed and it was well received by fans and track commentators.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back