Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Feel like a kid at christmas

Thanks Ron, I looked at there brackets and it won't quite work for my application. I have no mounting holes in my water pump. But the pictures helped mr over the design block that I had. I will fabricate my own bracket, I was on the right track just a little confused on the slider.

Well, it has been awhile since I have posted, or made any progress on the car. Wife went back to college, youngest was graduating from high school and my daughter is getting married next month. Needless to say hot rod funds were tied up everywhere else. I drove the car last weekend for the first time, even though it is far from road ready. I finished getting evrything dialed in today and took it out on the main road and stepped on it. It was quite exhilerating. I look forward to finishing the car in the near future.

Here are some pictures in the daylight. I'm out of town alot these days, because of that really bad word...JOB. My son has ordered me a set of gauges and were waiting for them to come in. I plan on taking the car to the Goodguy's show here in Fort Worth the end of the month.

DSCN3362.JPGDSCN3363.JPGDSCN3364.JPGDSCN3365.JPGDSCN3366.JPGDSCN3367.JPGDSCN3368.JPG

Wow! Eric, it is sure lookin good. Now that it is starting to cool off, I'm going back to work on mine. Wondering if you'd get it out to the Goodguys. I bet that was fun stompin the go fast pedal. I can't hardly wait to do the same.

See ya later

Well it has been along time since I have done any updates. Job kept me out of town alot last year, was only home a total of 9 weeks last year. It was very hard to come home and work on the car, after being gone all week. My wife still loves me though, Here are a couple of pictures of my progress so far this year. I will be starting on the interior, I took it all apart and painted, and just finished putting it back together today. Took it out on the road for a spin today and everything was great.20130224_160739.jpg

Attachments

• 20130224_160752.jpg
    20130224_160752.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 83
I like it! luv those center lines. great color combos, not to much chrome. thats the look I'm hoping for with mine. good job. Mike J.

Finshed the interior yesterday, I'm declaring it done for now. I hear your never really done.

Attachments

• 20130309_135002.jpg
    20130309_135002.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 60
Wow! Looks great, Eric. Are ya going to the Good Guys Show next week end? Are ya titled and ready to rock and roll? I know it's been a long haul gettin it done, but it really looks sweet! Congrats on a cool build, for sure.

Yes, I'm going to the show next weekend. Not titled yet that is the next project to take on. I set a goal to have it finished by the Goodguys show. I got the last of the parts I needed for Christmas from my family with a note that said FINISH IT.
20130309_135002_resized.jpg20130310_132915_resized.jpg20130310_132926_resized.jpg20130310_132943_resized.jpg

Finally got my car registered. It was a major undertaking in the state of Texas. It was a homebuilt frame and the state has a lot of problems with that. I guess they had problems with people building vehicles with poor materials or workmanship, and this caused some injuries in the past. I had to provide them with a bill of materials and the process used in welding the frame together. Afetr I got all the info together I had to send it to Austin and after a couple of phone calls from the state they finally approved it. In the long run I think it was easier to buld the car than to get it registered. I have put about five hundred miles on it so far, and it has been great. My job got in the way a lot the last couple of years which slowed me way down on getting the car finsihed. I took care of that last week. All the travel was very difficult on me and my family, so I took care of that last week. I quit my job and I'm in the process of finding a new one that doesn't require travel. I spent last week cruising in my car when the weather has allowed and it's been great.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back