Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally building my bucket

Checked out you pics Spanky. That's a awsome job. Looks like you made it your style I am sure. That's what I am doing. 15 years of work makes it like raising a child. Part of your life. I am really glad it was fixable.
Mine is what I wanted. Just putting finishing touches on it.

50 years, a mild SBC will give you plenty of zoom; our cars only weigh around 2000 lbs. My first bucket had a crate SBC w/ 4bbl and anything more is really just bling. But bling is OK, especially a blower, which is overkill but looks so hot!

Patently waiting on pictures.
images

I have not been here for a while. Different reasons and family things. My bucket was done in February 2021..waited to get interior and top. What a mess that was. Set in one shop 5 months..went and got it..got another shop to do it in October 21..no problem..had to order top material..but didn't get done due to his passing. Anyway..been able to drive it and waiting to take it to car show...setting up on jack stands. But I have to say..its a blast to drive..and it turned out exactly what I wanted. Looks good I think. Cant wait to put the bigger tires on and show it in 2 weeks...glad this forum is still here. Thank you to everyone who saved it..

As a "band aid" fix, you could email the pics to me and I would post 'em for you. PM me using the "Conversations" button upper right corner of this page if interested.

Nice, very nice !

Hi 50 years ; you've built a very beautiful t bucket. Did you spend the 50 years gathering up pieces ? I've been building mine for 4 years.

Thank you Donnie..I bought it from a gentleman who bought the parts but never built it. I changed lots of things on it and didn't use all of his parts. Bought what I wanted with parts left over. It was about a 10 month build. Keep working on yours. It's a blast to drive.

Welcome from Wisconsin. Post pics of your build. We all enjoy watching as you move forward. A lot of knowledge here if you run I to problems. Again Welcome.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back