Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally gonna do it

Francis Blake

Next week I am going to order a 27 t bodie that spirit has on special this month. I allready have most of the other parts (that I can think of) except a frame and front axel spindles brakes and steering. I have several engines available, a4.3v6 with Edelbrock manifold and 500cfm carb low mileage engine, 305sbc that needs overhauling with 600cfm holly carb OR 396bbc that my new son in law gave me that is suposed to be in good shape( I dont know for sure) just lookin for opinions.:lol::D...Francis

you know theres no replacement for displacement....
Have fun with your build!! Paul

396 in a heart beat......huge grin and white knuckles the first time you step on it!!!!!!

Ron

Everything came togeather a little quicker than I thought so I ordered it will pick up a 27 style t bodie on the 19th. Actually getting something goin right, I am too old for this kind of excitement:hooray: Francis

never too old for this francis....nnnnnnever tooooo old!!!!

Ron

on the 700r4, i had one behind a 396 in a 80 chevy pickup, but thats a heavy vehicle.... after i blew the 700r4 up in the truck i had it rebuilt and its going in my roadster....

the guy that rebuilt it is a locally,well known tranny guy, very respectable in the streetrod/drag sceen, when i picked the transmission up, he told me the most critical thing now is the tv cable, and most that have messed with the 700r4 know this. if you get the tv cable wrong the transmission will only last a few miles...

he also stated he omitted the lock-up and i had a converter custom built for my application.. in a heavy vehicle application, you would have to spend alot on the 700r4..in this case i dont have to mess with any wiring.

You'll be fine with the t-bucket because its light weight, just make sure you get a good torque converter, i would suggest a custom built one..i dont care for b&m or tci..

I am aquainted with a guy that runs a local trans shop so I am going to have him set up my tv cable and any other modifacations to the trans he thinks are necessary,I don't intend to abuse this thing (got most of that out of my system long ago) so it should last for a long time. ;) :laff: Francis

Francis Blake said:
I am aquainted with a guy that runs a local trans shop so I am going to have him set up my tv cable and any other modifacations to the trans he thinks are necessary,I don't intend to abuse this thing (got most of that out of my system long ago) so it should last for a long time. ;) :rofl: Francis
If you had a Ford you wouldnt have these problems.:laff::lol:

Yea you wouldn't need a tranny, cause it wouldn't ever run long enough :laff:. Just kiddin

Rick I am kinda a ford guy but chevy parts are everywhere and they are a lot cheaper. And right now I gotta be as cheap as I can. Francis

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back