Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally the body is painted ready for install on chassis

Time to take a screwdriver and put a scratch on it so when it does happen, it won't hurt so bad! Lol...nice job with the flake! Looks like it laid out very nice. That's a challenge. With all that clear, I bet it looks like a marble up close. We used to do that on bikes and related things that were smaller.

Here is a shot of the engine. The air cleaner is a March Fuelie. The pulley system is also a March. March makes two dual carb Fuelie cleaners per year and they are made for AFB carbs with a narrow spread. I have Holley's with a wide spread mounting. I have had three dealings with March and they are very difficult to work with so I had to come up with a way to make the Fuelie cleaner work so that is what the "Air Box" is for. I had to make a box to fit on the Holley's and then on the top of the box I had to make it fit the March base plate. It works great and it is fully wired with a few hundred LEDs inside the air cleaners so at night it lights up along with everything else on the t.

Attachments

• redsized9.jpg
    redsized9.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 64
You are right Fletcherson! I'm building it for a Sunday driver, not a trailer car so it's bound to happen. We will mount the body on the chassis this coming Tuesday. We are about 2/3 rd/'s done with the final block sanding and polishing. About 12 more hours of sanding and polishing and it will be ready plus the radiator shroud needs sanding and polishing yet too. Oh....the holes in the cowl are for two Flaming River brake fluid reservoirs and since the body is channeled and sits so low and the master cylinders are on top of the brake pedal assembly I had to get the reservoirs up high enough to allow the fluid to drain downward. They are polished and they should look kind of cool popping through the cowl anyway..

Thanks for the compliments guys. I appreciate them. Only a few people have seen the car so it is great to see your compliments from hot rod owners. Here is a shot of the rear. Just finished mounting the fuel tank and all fuel lines are hooked up. Almost ready for wiring towards the end of this week. Tilt steering column and all steering is complete. Windshield going in tomorrow.tbucket rear end  resized.jpg

Love it! Different and cool.

Hey Mats...Flake is cool but it is a LOT of work. Blow the flake on with a flake gun. It will stick to the wet clear coat. Let is get almost dry and then pat the flake down with the palm of your hand so the flakes lie down. Then start applying coat after coat of clear. The underneath and top of the t-bucket was shot with the same flake and three coats of candy. We used almost 3 gallons of clear and five 8 gram jars of flake. And prepare to do a LOT of sanding with 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit and then buff.

Hey Butch. The t bucket is up on a hoist at a friend's garage and I am at home waiting for a knee replacement in 2 days. My friend Bill said he would work on the wiring when I am recovering. So no more pics until I can get up and around and back into his garage.

Good luck with the knees. Metal flake is more work than I care to do. You have a car you can be very proud of. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Mats...Flake is cool but it is a LOT of work. Blow the flake on with a flake gun. It will stick to the wet clear coat. Let is get almost dry and then pat the flake down with the palm of your hand so the flakes lie down. Then start applying coat after coat of clear. The underneath and top of the t-bucket was shot with the same flake and three coats of candy. We used almost 3 gallons of clear and five 8 gram jars of flake. And prepare to do a LOT of sanding with 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit and then buff.
Yes I know, have put on flake for some rides. I will show you my work here as soon as its possible for me to post pics here.

Yes I know, have put on flake for some rides. I will show you my work here as soon as its possible for me to post pics here.
Finally I can post pics, and I know that this is not a T bucket but FLAKE is FLAKE!
vw61a1_1_168473595.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back