Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally the body is painted ready for install on chassis

This is absolutely crazy. Now I have the icon "upload a file" That was NOT there a few minutes ago. Now I can upload a pic. This is a picture before I installed the gauges. I will get a better shot tomorrow. Thanks for the help. You must have fixed it.......... resized.jpg

@toughmandave

Where'd you find that trans cooler? Looks to be nice and thin.

I haven't been following this thread closely but took a good look at it today and was very impressed with the car. I have a turtle back and have been trying to figure out a way to move the fuel tank from under the deck at the back to a different position where it is less likely to be the first thing hit if we are rear ended and also allow some space inside for storage. I have never seen a tank mounted that way but I like it and I may steal the idea .

Glad the titanium knees are doing well. I have titanium joints in both hips and they are doing very well after over 10 years. It is my understanding that this type of joint will last a long time, as opposed to the earlier ones that have Teflon ends. I have a knee that may need some work but am trying to put it off. At my age, they should be good for life. As you may have experienced, you will not ever make it through a metal detector but it is no problem when you explain the reason and the security person uses a hand held detector to verify it.

Reactions: RPM
Open headers through the side exhaust was too noisy so I had to put baffles in to quiet it down a bit. Now for the interior. Here are a couple final shots.side view resized.jpg flames resized.jpg

Attachments

• gauges resized.jpg
    gauges resized.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 7
  • gauges resized.jpg
    gauges resized.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 7
Here's a shot of the instrument cluster lit up. Also the Flaming River brake fluid reservoirs mounted on the cowl so the fluid would drain down into the two master cylinders. Also found an award winning interior craftsman who wi
I haven't been following this thread closely but took a good look at it today and was very impressed with the car. I have a turtle back and have been trying to figure out a way to move the fuel tank from under the deck at the back to a different position where it is less likely to be the first thing hit if we are rear ended and also allow some space inside for storage. I have never seen a tank mounted that way but I like it and I may steal the idea .

Glad the titanium knees are doing well. I have titanium joints in both hips and they are doing very well after over 10 years. It is my understanding that this type of joint will last a long time, as opposed to the earlier ones that have Teflon ends. I have a knee that may need some work but am trying to put it off. At my age, they should be good for life. As you may have experienced, you will not ever make it through a metal detector but it is no problem when you explain the reason and the security person uses a hand held detector to verify it.

The tank seems to work very well. It's a 12" diameter aluminum with baffles and a 1/2 gallon square fuel collector at the bottom. This acts as a drain and adds 1/2 gallon more to the tank making it about 18 gallons of fuel. The SS braided hose comes out the bottom and goes to the Canton fuel filter you see from the rear then to the Holley pump to an inline filter and to the motor. Years ago the hot rodders used a beer keg in the same location. I couldn't put a fuel tank under the turtle deck because I have a 10 gallon air tank, an air compressor and three air horns under there. And there is no law in Florida preventing train horns. That is until you use them. The noise is HUGE!
ll start next week building the bucket gauges resized.jpg gauges resized.jpg brake fluid res resized.jpg seats. Unfortunately he won't be done with the interior until the end of February. I think the NSRA Spring Nationals in Tampa is in March 2017 so hoping to get it there along with my friends great 8 car from a few years back he is going to put back in competition.

Bring it to Ocala for the regional NTBA run in April. Doesn't have to be finished.

I will have to look up the date and if it doesn't conflict with the NSRA in Tampa on the 1st and 2nd I will be there. Probably the same location? Holiday Inn on I75?

Clean up and polish time before the interior. Valve covers off to the polisher. T-bucket, flamed golf cart and our car all fit in our garage. The wife loves it!engine resized.jpg side view resized.jpg

Thanks. Yes, they are Mickey Thompson 33 tall, 22 wide and the wheel size is 15 Radials. (33x22x15) The wheels are 15 x 15 from Billet Specialties. The fronts are 15 x 7 Billet Specialties with BFG P225 50R 15. I should have gone with an 8" wide wheel but they fit quite well..

Thank you. Hey guys do you know when the regional meet is going to be in Ocala this year. I want to put it on my calendar and haven't been able to find the date. Bucket goes to the interior guy, Mark Papaj, this Monday. Mark is out of Ocala and has done interiors for several award winning cars.

file.php

Will This Do?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back