Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fire wall engine side,stainless turned

That ain't a bad price for a piece that size. I don't think you'll find much better.

ron

Yep, I've done small switch panels and things like that, and even those took forever to do. I can't imagine hand engine turning a whole firewall. :eek: Engine turning sure looks good though.

Don

well to have one shipped from texas to me in NY, the calculated shipping is $166.91, so the value goes right out the window really ....

and the stainless is probably something in the .050 range

metalsdepot.com says:

18 GA. (.048+/-) thick T304 Stainless Steel Sheet - Brush / Polish Finish
4 X 8 Ft.
$309.44

thats $150 / firewall :lol:

call some of the metal supply warehouses in your area, most will cut you a piece to your liking

LumenAl said:
Another idea since they are a restaurant supply place is to call some of them locally as well... just food for thought...

Also try local cabinet and countertop wholesale suppliers. They sell thin sheets also. I think Chemtech is the manufacture.

This is not exactly for a firewall but... I received my new Speedway Motors catalog today and thumbed through it before heading into work. They have a 6" wide aluminum panel(four of five different lenghts) that is engine turned for a dash. Of course the prices go up and the length gets longer.

That is exactly what I used on my dash during my last rebuild. I really like the look of the engine turned dash panel because it brings back a look that was in vogue when these cars were originally built.

engine turning stuff isnt difficult but it requires a great deal of patience and time to make it look right.
Ive got a jig setup for my drill press.
What it amounts to is a board that bolts to my drill press table that is all marked out in I believe 1/4 inch lines all running left to right. Then I have a metal yardstick that I clamp to those lines.
In the chuck is a 3/8ths bolt with a piece of leather glued to the head.
On the leather I lightly apply valve lapping compound.
Start up in the upper right corner of the material and work to the left moving the piece 1/4 inch at a time on the yardstick.
Do 1 line then move the yardstick back one line on the board and start on a 1/4 inch stagger from the first line.
Its a bit time consuming to figure out but Im only limited by the depth of the throat on my drillpress. If I can do it ANYONE can do it..
The nicer material you start with the nicer your end results will be. patience patience patience... Paul

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back