Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fire

fletcherson

Hey Ron, I know this is old news, but how did you fare as a result of the fires? Ive been away, but I did think about you and your shop when I heard about it. What a shame. I know of some people who lost several rental cabins in the Pigeon Forge area. I hope you escaped it. One just never knows what tomorrow has in store.

We were about 15 miles from the fire, and we were planning what we would be taking with us, if we had to leave. Thank God, it never got this far. The fire was started by 2 young boys 15 and 17. The fire spread 10 miles in less than 10 hours and was coming our way, due to the very high winds and it being very dry. The local TV station a live camera and weather station in downtown Gatlinburg. It was clocking 87 MPH winds with a ambient temp of 118 degrees. The wind stopped and it started to rain and we were all spared. 14 people were killed in the fires and 2400 buildings were destroyed.

Thanks for checking in on us.

I am glad that you and your family evaded disaster. I know first hand how devistating events can come out of no where and dramatically alter the rest of the lives of all involved. I actually read about those two boys that started the fire. That's unbelievable. On one hand I want them to be punished severely, on the other, their lives are ruined too. It's amazing how little respect people seem to have for anything now days, but I will refrain from politicizing, lol. Glad your ok!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back