Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Firewall to frame kick-ups dimensions on CCR's stretched bodies

Blake66

Good day Mr. Keifer

I inquire today for some dimensional information on your Smooth T stretched body. I purchased a digital download of your frame plans and I have built your frame with my own rear axle and coil suspension installed. I have since mounted a front suicide suspension and I plan on using your Smooth T extended body (hoping to purchase everything next spring). What I would like to know is this; what is the dimension going to be for the floor space; that is the dimension from the firewall to where the frame starts to kick up in your frame design.
Hoping the cart isn't before the horse, I'd like to temporarily tack in some engine mounts to load up my front suspension with the motor so I can start designing my front shock mounts and steering stuff.
Thanks for your help and the great chassis plans.

Sincerely
Blake Anderson
Brigham City, Utah

Make sure you just tack in place all of the brackets so you can make any adjustments easily.
What motor and trans?
Jerry K. thank you so much for the information. It will let me do some mock up work while I get the funds finished saved up to get your Smooth T body, interior & 20" bed and rad-shell.
I will for sure just make some tacks with my parts. Lots easier to cut tacks apart than full welds. :)
I plan on using a Chevy 350 (tri-powered) with the TH350. You know the standard kind of "go to" drive train. I was originally going to use one of my old Pontiac motors I have stored but I didn't like the way the headers were going to have to come off the heads and their relationship with the side steering components.

Thanks for you help
Blake Anderson

gee, the same thing happened to me! Now I know why so few tin Indians end up in T engine rooms.

Noooooo, put in the Poncho. Nobody will miss one more SBC. JMHO. (350 tranny will probably still work)

sorry, too late. at least for mine. and no, the trans won't work, starter on Pontiac is on drivers side and oil filter is where chevy starter is.:eek:

Can I get a few pics. I just like keeping motivated.

sorry, too late. at least for mine. and no, the trans won't work, starter on Pontiac is on drivers side and oil filter is where chevy starter is.:eek:
They use a multi case that will work on Chevy or bop. The starter didn't matter on them, only the top bell housing bolts were different. The inspection cover had the starter provision bump. Manual bells are a different story. Too bad you didn't elect to build the poncho, I love them. If the t I bought didn't come with a vintage 427 in it I would have put one of my pontiacs in it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back