Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First timer

Pop

Well there is a first for everything,
A l;little about me, My oldest son gave me a 23T bucket (basket case) for Fathers Day this year. I was surprised to say the least. Any way most of the car is there in one shape or another. It's fitted with a 350 SB and a Turbo Glide Transmission. I am hunting to put a decent body on it right now. The one that came with it is very poor. It seems that sometimes it would be cheaper to buy a complete kit and start over.

I turned 60 Saturday and I retire on the 31st of January. That leaves me with plenty of time to work on the project! Oh there is also another project in my garage, a 69 GTO that needs finishing!
I'm glad I found this board, seems as if most folks are civilized and genuine!
Russ
Albuquerque New Mexico

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you have two pretty good projects going on. Please let us know how we can help. There are great people here who are more than willing to give advice and help out. I cannot count how many times these guys have helped me out.

:welcome:Russ,
First thing you have to do is post pictures. You will then get plenty of suggestions and help I'm sure. Always good to see someone new joining this great forum.

thomas:)

thomas is correct post pics and being 59 myself u aint never to old just a tad bit slower. ive been working on installing a blower for 3 mos. this site is the best and if u hurry the buckethead bash is this summer mike

Glad you made it over. Don't let the shape of what ya got get ya down. It happens. Depending on how bad things are, you may be able to salvage what you can, sell the rest and use what's good to either start fresh or start new. If just the body is bad, I'd keep the chassis and running gear and go from there. Besides, you don't wanna hurt your sons feelings. Sounds like he has a lot of faith in you as a builder.

Try and post a pic, so we can see what you got and throw some suggestions or at least food for thought.

Pop said:
Well there is a first for everything,
A l;little about me, My oldest son gave me a 23T bucket (basket case) for Fathers Day this year. I was surprised to say the least. Any way most of the car is there in one shape or another. It's fitted with a 350 SB and a Turbo Glide Transmission. I am hunting to put a decent body on it right now. The one that came with it is very poor. It seems that sometimes it would be cheaper to buy a complete kit and start over.

I turned 60 Saturday and I retire on the 31st of January. That leaves me with plenty of time to work on the project! Oh there is also another project in my garage, a 69 GTO that needs finishing!
I'm glad I found this board, seems as if most folks are civilized and genuine!
Russ
Albuquerque New Mexico

Hey Pop, congrats on your retirement. I still have a year and a half to go.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back