Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

fixed my issues thanks to Putz - SOLVED

mikesplumbing

If any of you are having problems google mozilla firefox and download it. I had tons of issues and Putz advised my to try it so I did. It took 3 minutes and all of my problems are fixed. Searching the forum was also very slow for some reason and mozilla firefox solved that problem as well, actually, it cruises faster than ever before.

Thanks Putz........YOU DA MAN!!!!

Mike

This new forum has been unusable to me in IE. To the point of my computer freezing and needing to be restarted. But I have had Zero problems with it on firefox. So if anyone else out there is having any problems, try downloading firefox.

Firefox here :scream:

This new forum has been unusable to me in IE. To the point of my computer freezing and needing to be restarted. But I have had Zero problems with it on firefox. So if anyone else out there is having any problems, try downloading firefox.
Just out of curiosity, what version of IE were you using? I've used IE 7 and IE 8 both, with no issues at all. To be honest, I can't find a browser that won't work.

Firefox here :sob:

Me too :rofl:
I don't know how many of you will remember (and I'm really showing my age, here) Mosaic. Mosaic was the first incarnation of Netscape, back in '94. That was my introduction to the Mozilla browser engine. I've been with Firefox since it was known as Phoenix. I've either used Eudora (back in the early days) or Thunderbird as an e-mail client, too.

When people were griping about IE and Outlook, I was flashing past them in the fast lane. And I've never looked back. I Beta-tested Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 2.0 and never had any real issues with any of the Beta releases. I fell out of synch with Beta-testing Firefox 3.6 as that was when I was migrating everything into Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10. But I'm ready to jump back into Beta-testing again and they're currently on Firefox 3.6 Beta 2, so I'm guessing it will be pretty stable.

The bottom line is when Beta versions of Firefox are out-performing IE 7 and IE 8, why would anyone ever want to use anything else? It runs under Windoze, OS X and Linux, so everyone can take advantage of it.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, :scream: but Firefox just works.

Because of people on this forum, I am now running Firefox. Thank You! :suicide:

Anytime I have had firefox for over a year. :suicide:

Mike, I appreciate all your help with my problem here, but I can,t even see our messages from yesterday (Saturday) anymore. Some parts of the forum are in unreadable columns and its hard for me to navigate around. There seems to be a lot of good info in this site, so I will maybe check it later to see if things improve or try another browser. I have enjoyed the NTBA site and will keep using that one too. Thanks,Jack.

I don't know how many of you will remember (and I'm really showing my age, here) Mosaic. Mosaic was the first incarnation of Netscape, back in '94. That was my introduction to the Mozilla browser engine. I've been with Firefox since it was known as Phoenix.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone, :suicide: but Firefox just works.

I never even had a computer till 2001 :egypt:

Ha!

I wrote a terminal program for a Commodore 64 back in early 1982, because I couldn't stand not being able to access CompuServe. Anyone remember CompuServe forums? I had a terminal emulator for a VIC-20, but I wanted to use my new, high-powered :tip: C-64.

Those were the days. I had to dial long-distance to Indy to get connected to CompuServe and that was with a 300 baud modem. People beef about slow connections today, but 300 baud was s-l-o-w.

I found a little glitch that maybe someone could help me with. With IE you could go to say Ebay and right click on a pic and get the properties for that pic. Then come to this site and post the properties and the Ebay pic would be posted on this site. I can't get the properties with Firefox. Anybody have any suggestions for me.

One thing I really like about Firefox is the spell check on everything I type. It underlines the misspelled word in red. Right click on it and there is the correct spelling. It seems to work on every site.

I found a little glitch that maybe someone could help me with. With IE you could go to say Ebay and right click on a pic and get the properties for that pic. Then come to this site and post the properties and the Ebay pic would be posted on this site. I can't get the properties with Firefox. Anybody have any suggestions for me.

One thing I really like about Firefox is the spell check on everything I type. It underlines the misspelled word in red. Right click on it and there is the correct spelling. It seems to work on every site.

Here Ron... Download this add-on... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5673

I would suggest to those who use Firefox to download the extensions "AdBlockPlus and Better Privacy"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back