Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Flat spotted tires.

JetMech727

Does anyone have any tricks for bringing a flat spotted tire back? Unfortunately it appears all 4 of mine are. I've never dealt with it before. Before I left for work today I put the car on stands and over inflated each by 5psi over max. My thought was to put it back on the ground when I get home tonight, leave them over inflated, and immediately take it out and drive it to put some heat in the tires.

Mine sat for a long time during my build and flat-spotted, but they eventually smoothed out after driving it for awhile.

I've heard that driving 110 mph for an hour with a nice look girl will make them round, if you
drop below a 100 mph at any time you have to start the timer over !!!

View attachment 16272

I could care less in that case. In fact, if she's in a low cut number and unholstered then all is good.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::thumbsup:

Rears are thumping pretty good. Initial thought was a drivtrain issue. I put it up and used a pointer as I rotated the tire and sure enough, out of round.

Link doesn't work.

Mine sat for a long time during my build and flat-spotted, but they eventually smoothed out after driving it for awhile.

I hope mine do the same Spanky. Bigger the tire, bigger the thump. Wife & I where out in it yesterday and that's how I determined it was tires and not driveline. I dint feel it in my seat and it wasn't in sink.

I spent 9 months trying to get out, and the rest of my life trying to get back in !

Never worth the price of admission... But no viable substitute, at least not for me. What were we talking about again? Never mind!

you could try dyna beads that go inside the tyre. They are dynamic so as the flat spot changes they also change their position accordingly.

If they stay out of round after some driving, you "might" be able to get them trued at a tire shop. You'd have to find a shop that has a tire shaver/grinder.

Happen to know just the place that can still cater to the old ways. They can even still spin balance on the car. I think that as others have stated they will come back ok. Just need some warmer weather to help put some heat in the tires.

Bias will usually smooth out by driving but my experience with radials has not been so good. If they thump, many times the rubber had broken down and the cords move. I've had several like new truck tires do that. I tried rebalancing, some will, but some wont.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back