Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

For Sale

We are accepting donations to offset costs. The size of the donation is entirely up to you. We appreciate the help, no matter the size.

Tbucit said:
Mike, I am heading over to the Garthering in July. Going to meet some of the older members of the Moncreiffe Clan
My paternal family ties are to the Lamonts. My maternal family came from Fife, Clackmannanshire and Stirlingshire.

I would love to go across for the Homecoming. I own a couple of Scottish forums and have a lot of friends in Scotland. A couple of close friends (and moderators on the other sites) are arguing at whose home I will stay, the next trip across, so accommodations are really priced right. ;)

Actually, some of the best times I've spent in Scotland have been off the beaten path anyway, so I don't imagine being in Dn Eideann during the height of the activity would be my cup of tea anyway. I do enjoy Edinburgh, but moreso on a weekday morning, when the crowds are not out and about.

If you're going to be in Edinburgh on the 24th, some pals of mine are putting on a dance at The Three Sisters and it should be a really big night. The Black Tartan Clan and Whiterose will be playing the night and tickets are only 10, which includes supper. Details can be found here - Na Fir Dileas presents Celtic Knights

Mike said:
.... I've seen too many sites where important bits of information are passed along in a chat room and not on the forums...

While I like live-chat for some things... as a newbie to this board I will say that the above reason is why I rarely visit a different forum I was really into for a while.
Once they started with all the communities, clubs and divisons, the main board seemed to be, well... "less". You had to keep checkin' the main board AND a bunch of communities to not miss "important bits of information", as Mike stated.
It's hard enough now with all of the reasonable "divisons" we have (not complaining about them! :eek: ).
Sorry.. I'll get down now. :)

Mike said:
We are accepting donations to offset costs. The size of the donation is entirely up to you. We appreciate the help, no matter the size.

My paternal family ties are to the Lamonts. My maternal family came from Fife, Clackmannanshire and Stirlingshire.

I would love to go across for the Homecoming. I own a couple of Scottish forums and have a lot of friends in Scotland. A couple of close friends (and moderators on the other sites) are arguing at whose home I will stay, the next trip across, so accommodations are really priced right. ;)

Actually, some of the best times I've spent in Scotland have been off the beaten path anyway, so I don't imagine being in Dn Eideann during the height of the activity would be my cup of tea anyway. I do enjoy Edinburgh, but moreso on a weekday morning, when the crowds are not out and about.

If you're going to be in Edinburgh on the 24th, some pals of mine are putting on a dance at The Three Sisters and it should be a really big night. The Black Tartan Clan and Whiterose will be playing the night and tickets are only 10, which includes supper. Details can be found here - Na Fir Dileas presents Celtic Knights

I'm not Scotish although there is legend in the family that we started there. My 'tree' going back about 300 years puts us in County Antrim in Northern Ireland. There are still family members farming on the family farm.

I bring this up only because I saw Edinburgh mentioned and I had to comment. I spent two New Years Eves in Edinburgh back in the 80s. That was back in the day when pubs had to close at 10:30pm because of an old WWI law that encouraged workers to focus on the war effort and not on a pint of best bitter or a 1/6 gill of single malt. There was a street in Edinburgh north of the train station that we called the 'Tron', It was a street with a church steeple that had a clock in it. I was told that it was the only place in Edinburgh that had a clock on the outside of a building. At midnight everyone in Edinburgh who could still walk was there. I would like to tell more of this story but even after over 20 years it is still coming back to me in bits and pieces.

You can consider me as an investor.
I am gone way to much to serve any type of role that requires weekly duties

I got my T-shirt yesterday. I don't know why I waited so long to get one. I'll wear it proudly. I'm urging all of you guys who haven't bought a shirt yet to hurry up and buy one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back