Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Forum Member's Son Building A '32 Ford Roadster

fluidfloyd

Back when the other forum was still up there was a '32 roadster being built by the son of one of the Tbucket forum members. If you are still out there I would like to quiz you on something about that car.

Thanks,

George

Perhaps you are referring to my son. Is this the car?

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for responding. Yes, this is the car I am asking about. I really intended to join the other forum but just never got an acceptable email account. I did snag a few pictures of the front steering and that's what I want to follow up on. That rack is the old Stiletto unit of Gary Woods. I have used dozens of them in dragsters and even a couple of suspended altereds. I have often wondered about using it in a street design on a beam axle but was concerned about it's longevity. I also was concerned about a sudden wheel side impact from a curb or deep pothole that might strip the pinon or rack teeth. The other issue I was thinking about was wear on the bronze rack bushings living on a street driver. My question to your son (based on it being on the street yet) is how it is holding up. I'm working up a concept design for a lite weight T type roadster and I really want to use a R&P in the front end. The Stiletto is really small and might juts be the ticket. If you get a chance you might pass this on to him. Not sure what the weight of his '32 is but I'm aiming for about a 1000lbs. Again, thanks for responding. Tell him I think that's a pretty nice hot rod.

George

George, if you'll PM me with your e-mail address I'll have my son contact you. That way you'll eliminate the middle man, me. LOL

Jim

George, if you'll PM me with your e-mail address I'll have my son contact you. That way you'll eliminate the middle man, me. LOL

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I did send you a response to what I think you email address is. I'm close to being a caveman when it comes to these forums and finding out how to do anything like PM folks. If you don't see it let me know and I'll get some guidance on the art of PMs. Thanks for your response.

George

Man that's nice and clean. Must run in the family.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back