Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Four Link Adjustments

Mr. Fixit

Hello,

I have a 23 bucket which I have removed the fiberglass body from in order to build a custom steel body. :D Since I didn't build the car, I have had to go through just about everything and correct much of it. :sad: I have very limited experience with 4 link suspensions, other that the mind boggling information I have read online and need some help with the following.

With the body removed, I noticed that the axle was not centered on the chassis, and when I checked from the inside of each tire to the frame, I found about a 1" disparety. I loosened the top two links and with a few twists, I got the chassis centered up. I fear by doing this I have now misaligned the axle as it relates to square with the front axle.

Can someone shed some light on the subject and advise how to properly align/adjust the links?

Thank you,

Mr. Fixit

This may be of some help to you.

NTBA

Jim

Pictures would be a great help here Fixit. Are you building a '23 type body or something else??

Ron

Thanks Jim, I am a member of the NTBA, but have not looked at it for a resolution to this.

Steve

EX JUNK said:
This may be of some help to you.

NTBA

Jim

I will try to post some photos later today.

Thanks everyone...

Mr. Fixit

Click on that link and it will take you to the proper page in the Tech Section to answer your question.

Jim

Just the basics with out trying to set up the four link to the centerline of the car are weight middle line. I would be to pull from corner to corner to see if the rear axle is square if not adj. the to lowers bars. Once you are happy with that set your pinion angle with the left upper bar. Then if you want to you can preload the right upper to change how the power hits the rear tires. PS I'm sure this my not be to textbook adjustment but It will work.

speedkills502 said:
Just the basics with out trying to set up the four link to the centerline of the car are weight middle line. I would be to pull from corner to corner to see if the rear axle is square if not adj. the to lowers bars. Once you are happy with that set your pinion angle with the left upper bar. Then if you want to you can preload the right upper to change how the power hits the rear tires. PS I'm sure this my not be to textbook adjustment but It will work.

That is pretty much how we set up a 4 link.. Undo the top right bar. Andjust the 2 lower bars to get the toe correct and the track correct. The adjust the top left bar to set pinion angle then adjut the top right so that both bolts slide in easly. Then if the car wants to torque steer left or right at full throttle adjust the preload on the top right.

I believe that I understand the process that you are describing here and will check the set up as soon as I get a new lower link for the left side. One of the heim joint ends is frozen and no matter what I have soaked it in, nor heat applied to the rod has been able to get it free. :lol:

I have taken a few photos of the set up, as well as my progress on the new metal body. Ok, I give up, what is the secret to posting photos? :confused:

Mr. Fixit

Okay, I think I figured it out. Here are the pics.

MrFixit77

Now you have to figger out how to post the pics.

Okay Rick, you got me. What did I do wrong in trying to post the pics that you were able to correct ?

First go back and post where you live where you signed in at.I didnt do anything Ron did from RPM motorsports.how HE snatched them up i have NO clue.But you do have a nice ride.What is that frame work around it?For the body?If so show some pics of your drawings.

OK I right clicked on your red X. Got the properties and seen is was a photobucket account. I went to your photbucket account and there were the pictures. On your photobucket. Hover the mouse over the picture you want to post. A box will open under that picture. Click in the second section under the picture a little messagw will open and it says copied. OK now open up the reply or post here on the Site. There is a little yellow box with what looks like mountains in it. Click on that box, and a pop up will open, now hit the backspace key. Now hold down the controll key and hit the V key. It will put the direct link from photobucket into the space. Then click OK and your picture should be there. :beer:

Wow thats a long around the block.In PhotoBucket find the pic.then at the bottom of it you will see img code left click it then right click it.then go to your post and left click and post your pic like this.
Picture015.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back