Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame for big boy body

Shane

I have the big boy body from Ron. I plan to build my own frame, and have multiple sets of blue prints, as everyone has a different way of doing it. Has anyone built one for the big boy? I already have 2x3 tubing, so I'm determined to build the frame myself. Any advice? Thanks.

Set up the frame rails on a couple of saw horses. Put the body on the rails. That gives you the witdth. Measure your motor add 2” for space to firewall. Add the thickness of radiator and fan add about 3” and that is distance to back side of front cross member. Now go to the back. Figure out how low you want the back to sit. You need about 4 - 5” clearance over the rear axle and make the tube connect the tubes! Easy! Lol you can also download “Youngsters frame plans from this site. Good luck!

I have the big boy body from Ron. I plan to build my own frame, and have multiple sets of blue prints, as everyone has a different way of doing it. Has anyone built one for the big boy? I already have 2x3 tubing, so I'm determined to build the frame myself. Any advice? Thanks.
Make the frame 26 1/2" front to back on the outside. The main front rails are 98" with a 7" kick up and the rear is 8". All of the cuts are 22 1/2 deg making for a 45 degree angle. DO NOT make the frame wider just because the body is!!!! We have all the brackets in stock, and they come with a drawing as to where they all go.

Make the frame 26 1/2" front to back on the outside. The main front rails are 98" with a 7" kick up and the rear is 8". All of the cuts are 22 1/2 deg making for a 45 degree angle. DO NOT make the frame wider just because the body is!!!! We have all the brackets in stock, and they come with a drawing as to where they all go.
Ok thanks! I got confused and set the mock up rails to the edge of the body in the rear.

Reactions: RPM
Make the frame 26 1/2" front to back on the outside. The main front rails are 98" with a 7" kick up and the rear is 8". All of the cuts are 22 1/2 deg making for a 45 degree angle. DO NOT make the frame wider just because the body is!!!!

Ron, I sent a message this morning through your site requesting dimensions on the Big Boy, and the other bodies. I'm sure I'll get that through that channel.

Then I saw this post, which raised a couple of questions. Is the reason you say do not make the frame wider because of the width of the front axle? (or are there additional reasons).

And also, when you say the "main front rails" are you referring to everything forward of the rear kick up? Where is the 7" kick up you mentioned?

If you make the frame wider then, lots of stuff doesn't fit. No need to change the whole set up. Mail front rails is just that the 2 long rails. Give me a call on what measurements you want. 865-932-7541

I will do that. Thanks. I misread your response in post 3. Very simple-from front, 98", then 7" on a 45* kick up, then 8" horizontal!

Does this mean you have an assembly manual for the RPM T-Buckets?:D:D:whistling::whistling:

All you have to do is ask and receive!!! :D:D ;);) Plus tax and shipping!!!:D:D:whistling::whistling:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back