Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front Drum Brake 4.5 BP

railroad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I must be over looking it somewhere. Where can I find drum brakes for a 48 Ford spindle with a 5 X 4 1/2" bolt pattern. It seems everthing I see listed is for 5 X 5 1/2.
I picked up a set of Coker wheels 5 X 15 with the dual pattern Ford and Chebby. The Ford pattern is 4 1/2" I did find something by Walden at about $1000 each. I guess if I found the hubs I could find a drum to fit it. I really want to run drums on the front, but will go with disc if price and availability force me too.

thanks,
railroad

I went to the BASH. Great people and cars.

I am not one of the experts around here, but I read a lot and have no knolege of a fit on brake with the small ford patern. However, I have seen a lot of big patern ford brakes drilled to the other patern.:confused:

41/2 is the ford lug patern. Dodge and chrysler had the big and small bolt paterns. After that you go to the 6 lug stuff.

To expedite getting a rolling front end, I have decided to put disc on the front. If I run across a drum set-up, I can change it out. How about some advice on where to buy a disc brake conversion kit for the 42-48 front axle? I thought I had a good set for $296 ,but they only carried the chev bolt pattern. I need to run the ford 5 X 4 1/2. Naturally, I am price shopping, but would like to get it from an established company.

thanks,
railroad

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back