Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front end parts

Dan Noecker

I made a fixture to hold the front end batwings to the axle for welding. I had all parts polished. After welding the chrome shop will spit shine things and then do the chrome work. Just in the polished state they do look pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_6561.JPG
    IMG_6561.JPG
    822.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6562.JPG
    IMG_6562.JPG
    688.1 KB · Views: 111
Chrome doesn't cover anything. What ever the item looks will be the same only rust resistant. You saved yourself a lot of money!

Nice work. Gotta have those little jigs. I have a big pile of them.
Thank you for your comment, Ron. Do you do custom work? I have in mind an idea for my rear radius rods. I could fax you a sketch of what I would like so you can see. I appreciate it.
Dan

Nice work. I envy you guys that can make your own parts. Keep the pics of your build coming. Love pictures.

Ron did you forget my perch we talked about?????

Yes our fax # is 865-933-1131 it is on 24-7. Looking forward to it.
Hi Ron,
In the pics I have enclosed you can see I was going after the 4-bar setup in the rear. What I was thinking about doing different was to cut the lower bar and having it mate up with the upper bar so it is like a regular radius rod set up. That is what I wanted your opinion on. Do I go with a regular radius rod setup, or keep the 4-bar that you see in the pics? I would appreciate anybodys comments on this.

Attachments

• IMG_6568.JPG
    IMG_6568.JPG
    816.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6569.JPG
    IMG_6569.JPG
    740.7 KB · Views: 68
I, too, much prefer a four bar set up over a radius rod setup. It allows the front axle to travel up and down in a vertical path whereas a radius rod allows the axle to swing in an arc. but if you like the old time traditional look, go with the radius rod set up.

Jim

Unless building a traditional period correct car, I'd stick with the 4-bar setups. As mentioned, a bit better ride and handling, plus less twisting of the chassis.

Of course, your car = your choice.

I like traditional looks but I also like doing something that helps ease the ride a little. I am tending to leave it with the 4-bar setup. I do appreciate the comments. My front axle and batwings are in for welding and then its off to the chrome shop to finish things up. I will post a few pics when I have a finished product to show.

"I" beam axles can twist a little where as the tube axle can't. If you have an I beam you can go with either/or but with a tube, you'd be better off with a four bar.

Hi Ron,
In the pics I have enclosed you can see I was going after the 4-bar setup in the rear. What I was thinking about doing different was to cut the lower bar and having it mate up with the upper bar so it is like a regular radius rod set up. That is what I wanted your opinion on. Do I go with a regular radius rod setup, or keep the 4-bar that you see in the pics? I would appreciate anybodys comments on this.
Should be able to make that, for you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back