Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front Shock Mounts for a CCR Frame

swatman260

Hey guys, I would assume that this has been covered, but I've searched quite a bit and can't see it being discussed...I'm in the planning stages of my first T Bucket and am planning on using the CCR plans for the frame and chassis. My question is..are there patterns or templates out there for the front shock mounts that will work with this chassis? On the cover of their plans, they show a pair of shocks being used in combination with the front spring, but in their actual plans, the shock mounts are not covered. I can cut and I can weld, but I'm not an engineer, so the thought of just designing the mounts myself is a little frightening to me. I see on their website that they offer front shock towers and shackle brackets, but I'd prefer to make them if possible. Any help ya'll can give will be appreciated.

I would suggest that you contact one of our sponsors, Ron Pope, at RPM. He has just about EVERYTHING that you'll ever need for your build. Beside that, he is a great guy that will answer any and all questions as you move along on your build.

Jim

CCR will also sell you a set of shock towers, but since you want to make your own I'll go take a couple of pics of the ones that normally come on one of their frames.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. 409T, if its possible to give me a measurement or two, I'd be very grateful.

Here's some pics, I'll see what I can do about dimensions a little later this morning.
P7274587.JPG

P7274591.JPG

P7274585.JPG

Here are some quick dimensions. No laughing at the manual CAD software.

Tower3.jpg

We don't have them in chrome. Those chrome ones are some we did for Lee and he had them chromed. We just sell them in plain steel. They are $50.00 for a pair plus postage.

Dang! I wish I had seen those a few months ago. I had designed almost the same thing, and decided to go "off the shelf" and got a pair of F1 Ford shock mounts

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back