Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

front wheels

23t buddy

trying to find a set of hallcraft wheels for the front of my 23t. A similar wheel would also work, but I don't know where or how to search for them And I need help. Buddy Insley

Need to be careful. My front spokes were made for the Bucket and feature Dunlop rims but with much thicker spokes to take the weight and sideways force. I know from experience motorcycle wheels will happily 'bend' sideways on corners.

19 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).jpg

Attachments

• 13 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).jpg
    13 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 67
Welcome, Buddy. Those wheels have been popular on T-buckets, but are a little more rare today. That boils down to price . . . $$$! You might find some on e-bay. Possibly motorcycle shops. I sometimes see them for sale on one of the hot rod forums. If I see some, I'll try to post a link here. :)

Just looked and found these: VINTAGE HALLCRAFT 21" CHROME HALF DRUM WHEEL HALCRAFT "HALFCRAFT" CHOPPER | eBay

I would not use those wheels on a performance car, there is no way they would support the side loads imposed on them during hard cornering.

Thanks a lot from you all for the replies. I am new into the t-buckets (Have always liked them) But now I have the time and some resources for the project. Am using a MK V BBC w/6-71 Wieand , Super t-10 and vette rear. Just some thing to run to the store for bread and milk(know what I mean).Just love the wire wheels on the front, but will not sacrifice safety for any reason. I know and trust what you guy have experienced and done with the T,s.

Thanks a lot from you all for the replies. I am new into the t-buckets (Have always liked them) But now I have the time and some resources for the project. Am using a MK V BBC w/6-71 Wieand , Super t-10 and vette rear. Just some thing to run to the store for bread and milk(know what I mean).Just love the wire wheels on the front, but will not sacrifice safety for any reason. I know and trust what you guy have experienced and done with the T,s.
Agreed about the safety issue.
If you were building a trailer queen or dragster, you can put on outrageously skinny wheels and get away with it.
Same with low speed (35 or so) driving.
Once you experience the front wheels either sliding or "bending" at speed, you will never forget it, I assure you...
I love wire wheels as well, but I can stop Lizzy on a dime mainly because I have nice thick front tires.
With the front discs and back drums balanced, I can bring her to a dead stop incredibly fast... and I don't even have power brakes.

If you don't have to use the freeway to get to your bread and milk, then maybe...

With my 160” wheelbase there isn’t much weight in the front end anyway so defensive driving will be used to make looking cool acceptable.

Don't have a freeway within a 100 miles, still have some dirt roads. (Do have internet and the newer things in life) Would a wider rim on the front be better? But then you lose the big and skinny look. (Read COOL) Just have to beat it around. Thanks for the input.

Don't have a freeway within a 100 miles, still have some dirt roads. (Do have internet and the newer things in life) Would a wider rim on the front be better? But then you lose the big and skinny look. (Read COOL) Just have to beat it around. Thanks for the input.

I have 15X6 on the front, plenty of tire for the heavy big block, but still looks small against the big rears.

_Lft Frnt Qtr 4r.jpg

I had Hallcrafts on my first bucket. Can't run front brakes, the spokes won't take the stress. And even without brakes I had spokes break. Respoking is possible, but you need to do all the spokes at once to minimize trouble later. The wheels look sharp, but not real practical.

Go to Speedwaymotors website & enter this part # in their search window : Part # 91058673 Hope you like what you'll see.

Go to Speedwaymotors website & enter this part # in their search window : Part # 91058673 Hope you like what you'll see.

Those are great looking wheels, and you can mount enough tire on them to be safe and have good handling. If I could find a money tree, those would be my choice to replace the 14" American mags on my front, and they would complement the American's on my rear. :rolleyes:

D.jpg

I tried planting some loose change in the backyard. Watered and fertilize but no luck growing the money tree. Im going to keep trying!!

I tried planting some loose change in the backyard. Watered and fertilize but no luck growing the money tree. Im going to keep trying!!

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/money-plant/growing-money-plants.htm

My father was raised on a farm and it stood in his blood. He would grow all kinds of dry flowers and this money plant was one of them. Now I'm living in my boyhood home and see these money plants growing here and there reminding me of him.

I believe the wheels are $199.00 apiece from Speedway Motors. They are available with ford lug bolt pattern or gm lug pattern & they work with disc brakes. They are 5" x 15".

You might look at ET spoked wheels or Radir's. I have both and they work fine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back