Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel prices

Spanky

Staff member
Paid $3.059 for 93 octane in St Louis yesterday. That's down from my last fill-up.

F.jpg

Been $3.15 for 93 octane here for many many months now, $3.05 for regular. That's the best price, some places are a bit more.

While that seems fairly reasonable, our road tax is only $0.14 gallon . . . . imagine if we were taxed like most of the states !

I got some regular a couple of days ago for the mower and it was 2.08.9 here in Tulsa area. I think premium was 2.40.9.

$2.58 for regular here in south Florida. Pretty stable, has dropped a little bit over the last weeks. I like those Oklahoma gas prices better though.

$2.58 for regular here in south Florida. Pretty stable, has dropped a little bit over the last weeks. I like those Oklahoma gas prices better though.

Where in south Florida? Here in the Orlando area it's $2.31 which is still pretty high in my opinion.

Jim

Ohio just passed an additional gas tax... our prices are all over the place between 220 to 289 and no rhyme nor reason for it. Funny thing is diesel stays right at about 3.00 per gallon.

I paid 2.34 a gallon few days ago but with my gas buddy I get .20 cents off a gallon up to 40 gallons a month
So 2.14 a gallon

Here in Illinois we just got an increase in our gas tax. it went from .19 per gallon to .38 cents per gallon. I was out of town all week. When I left it was 2.299 per gallon. When I returned it was 2.999 per gallon.That's .70 cents in a week! WTF.

What is the lowest price you have ever paid for gas? Back in the mid 60's 17.9 cent a gallon. That's when the had gas wars. Cigarettes were 32 cent a pack. Ever body smoked, drank beer and cruised through Down Town. That is where I saw m first T Bucket. Love at first sight.

I remember 19.9 at Workingman Friend in Ohio in the 63-34 era range. You could get a free dishtowel with a fill up. They also sold used motor oil in glass bottles with a metal spout so you could add oil and leave the bottle.

I see today that they've lowered our price to $2.28 this morning.

Jim

I remember my grandma buying enough gas with loose change to go into town and back, lol... certified gave out free chicks and ducklings when you bought gas. My uncle worked there and brought some home. My father and uncle owned a union 76 truck stop on national road before I70 went in and killed it. Had a restaurant with remote juke box selectors at each booth, service bays, etc... the good days!

What is the lowest price you have ever paid for gas? Back in the mid 60's 17.9 cent a gallon. That's when the had gas wars. Cigarettes were 32 cent a pack. Ever body smoked, drank beer and cruised through Down Town. That is where I saw m first T Bucket. Love at first sight.
Going back to the mid to late 50s gas was 18 cents, lots of gas wars then. Cigarettes were 22-23 cents a pack. As 6-7 year old kid I can remember the machines. Mom would give me a quarter and I could have the change. 7 years old buying cigarettes out of a machine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back