Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel tank for Fad

Looks good as always Gerry. great job!

Russ

Been VERY cold in the garage but have managed to do a little more. Cut the neck of the filler tube to the tank shape and will cut the tank to match this weekend.
heres a couple of mock up to give an idea of the look of it.
t3dec10.jpg
Tdec10.jpg

t2dec10.jpg
t1dec10.jpg

Gerry

Nice fab work Gerry but you don't know what cold is My kid lives in Fairbanks AK he had 37 below this morning they put a heater on his truck cooling system battery heater oil heater and tranny heater.They say you need them all to if you want your truck to move in the winter.

Nice fab work Gerry but you don't know what cold is My kid lives in Fairbanks AK he had 37 below this morning they put a heater on his truck cooling system battery heater oil heater and tranny heater.They say you need them all to if you want your truck to move in the winter.

Yes Gerry your tank is taking great shape.. and I grew up in Minnesota where it was 38 below many a Morning, had to take the batteries inside at night, then started fine in the AM... let car warm up 15 minutes and off you went... BURRR just thinking about it... :)

Update on todays bits.I have cut out the hole for the filler neck and sorted the breather. Also made the top hats for the mounting points. As always pics say more than words.

By the way WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY, are you in hibernation or what.
breather1.jpg
mountpoints1.jpg
mountpoints2.jpg
mounts.jpg

Gerry

Here in wisconsin cold also.:cold:

..and cold and snow in Minnesota. Gerry, I have a breather fetish. Exactly how will yours work? Oh, the car is going to be an 11 on a scale of 10.

I know how cold you guys can get but the UK has suffered a cold snap like I cant remember. I have heard its been -25+ in Scotland.
Breather will just be piped out of the tank to a valve (from a well known supplier) and then to a flex pipe which will loop up inside the body and out around the diff area.
Gerry

Ya it's been quiet here, hasn't it?
I don't have much to add so I've been shuttin' up.
I managed to mock up some junk I have (which was great to do) but health and life is getting in the way.
You guys do a bazillion time better than I do so I just sit back and enjoy the show.

Love your progress. The filler is killer. :)

It's been +5 to +10C (41 to 50F) most of the time here.
I haven't seen snow here yet but we've had a quite of bit of rain, so it's muddy. The snow will come eventually though. :(

Keep up the good work Gerry. :)

Joe

Been working on a '31 Chebby pickem up lately but still check in here a few times a day.

Ron

Been working on a '31 Chebby pickem up lately but still check in here a few times a day.

Ron

Owww I like Pick ups. Can you PM a pic or email if you have my address.
Gerry

There really isn't much to show yet. Here's a couple of early pics.

Pats31007Small.jpg

body wood has been mostly replaced with 7/8", 16g tubing.

Pats31002Small.jpg

Frame is completely handmade from 10g CRS.

Pats31006Small-1.jpg

Box is made from 16g, stake pockets are 12g.

Ron

There really isn't much to show yet. Here's a couple of early pics.

Pats31007Small.jpg

body wood has been mostly replaced with 7/8", 16g tubing.

Pats31002Small.jpg

Frame is completely handmade from 10g CRS.

Pats31006Small-1.jpg

Box is made from 16g, stake pockets are 12g.

Ron
Youngster, Any chance you can do a thread on what your building. Might have to be in the Lounge since it's not a bucket but, I'm sure there is knowledge and Idea's to be gained....Ron(ruggs)

Although T buckets are my first love, I do enjoy working on other types of rods too. In the interest of keeping this site as a mecca for buckets, there may be a thread forthcoming but it will be on another forum. If that comes to be, I'll let those interestedknow where to find it.

Ron

Although T buckets are my first love, I do enjoy working on other types of rods too. In the interest of keeping this site as a mecca for buckets, there may be a thread forthcoming but it will be on another forum. If that comes to be, I'll let those interestedknow where to find it.

Ron
Ron,
It's ashamed that the knowledge and techniques have to go to another forum when alot of things can be modified and used when building a T-bucket.........Ron(ruggs)

Nothing I do can't be duplicated with simple hand tools and patience by anyone here. Thanks for the kind words tho.

Ron

Lots of work there. Where do you get the time? NICE... I like
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back