Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gallery Album issue - SOLVED

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Tried to create an Album and I get an error message that says I need to choose a category. It looks like "Members Gallery" is grayed out. I tried it in IE8 and Firefox 3.5.5 and both react the same.

see attached file.

I think they said it is not activated yet for us.. I get the same thing

The Gallery is going to be the death of me.

Try using it and see if you can upload images. (If I see one more Permissions matrix today, I am going to scream. :scream:)

For the time being, I am limiting the Gallery. It's thrown a couple of errors and I'm still trying to sort everything out. But you should be able to upload now.

The Gallery is going to be the death of me.

Try using it and see if you can upload images. (If I see one more Permissions matrix today, I am going to scream. :scream:)

For the time being, I am limiting the Gallery. It's thrown a couple of errors and I'm still trying to sort everything out. But you should be able to upload now.

I was able to create an album and uploaded two files. Seems to work Okay. I didn't get any errors ans was super fast uploading the image.

Oh dearie me, you mean something worked as it was meant? :wow:

All kidding aside, this probably wouldn't have been such a pain, but over the course of the last week we've converted four of these sites. Ten days ago, my Admin experience with Invision was absolutely zero. I figured the best bet was to just jump into the deep end and that is what has happened. :eek:uch:

What has been the toughest is the fact that we imported non-standard, vBulletin usergroups into Invision. That was no problem at all. And the Invision software actually did its job, because it saw usergroups it didn't recognize, so it allowed those usergroups absolutely no permissions, whatsoever. Which was actually best for security purposes. However, when the Admin is green as a gourd and never was the brightest bulb in the chandelier... Well, let's just say I've been a bit behind the curve this past week. But I'm catching up to speed. To be quite honest, I like the way Invision does things. If I had been trying to go the other direction and importing IPB sites over the vBulletin? :rofl: I would be wearing one of those funny canvas jackets with the buckles and straps by now. :scream: And the people at Invision are the best. They have taken great care of me, from the bottom of the company all the way to the top. Charles Warner and Matt Mecham really made the conversions super-easy for me and I owe them, big style.

I think (maybe I am hoping, or possibly praying, instead) that things are operational now. OK, maybe most things are operational. Alright, alright, I am chuffed that I even managed to log in! :sob:

GT63 can you do a step by step I tried loading pics from photobucket Can You say ERROR. I can post them in the forum fine but not the gallery.

Butch, what I do is bulk load my pics into photobucket to resize them, then copy to the computer to load here. Sounds redundant, but much easier to resize them.

Upper-right corner, click the arrow next to your username.

Select My Profile.

On the next page, click the Edit my Profile button.

Under Your Options, select the Gallery tab.

(Now I'm working from memory, as I have already created albums and uploaded to them)

You will see a message saying something about creating an album. Do that and give your album a name and (optionally) a description.

Now you want to Select an Operation, which will be New Image.

In the next page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Browse. Browse through the files on your computer until you find the image you want to use, and select it. If you want to enter a Caption, Description or Copyright, make those edits. Then click on the Submit Image button.

You're finished.

For those of you using Windoze, IrfanView is an excellent and free image editor. It will allow you to resize, crop, rotate, etc. That will save the process of uploading an image to PhotoBucket to resize it. Download it and play with it, you'll be amazed.

Actually, I think the suggestion of playing with software is something you need to do more often. If you see a button or a link on the forums, click on it and see what happens. You aren't going to break anything, so experiment. Jump into your Profile and look at the options you have available to you. I repeat, you're not going to break anything, so be adventurous. Something like setting up a new photo album and uploading images to it couldn't be any easier. Just jump in there and try things, that is how we all learn. Remember, I only have 12-14 days of experience with Invision software and I sure didn't get Invision downloaded to me ala The Matrix. (I learned Kung Fu that way :pilot:, but not Invision) I've hammered about and learned how to do things on my own. You can do the same.

Please resize images used here on the site. An image sized to 640 pixels X 480 pixels is perfect. The photo gallery is set up to try resizing larger images, but <whisper mode> I think I've uncovered a bug in that bit of code, which Invision is examining as we speak</ whisper mode>.

I hope this helps some of you sort the Gallery.

OK, here's the latest. The Gallery is knackered. Invision is looking into the problem, but for the moment there's a lot of head-scratching going on.

Upload images if you like, but if you receive an error, we're already working on it. :pilot:

OK, the album issue has been solved. The tool we were using on the server to handle image uploads didn't like working with images that didn't require resizing. We switched over to another script and life is good again.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back