Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

Nice looking and fast also!

One year is pretty short for building a car like you have!

Nice looking and fast also!

One year is pretty short for building a car like you have!
LOL, yeah, once I start something I can't rest until it's done. Now I have to go through the rest of the process to get my plates. Then the real fun begins.

Love your enthusiasm, Gary. A word of caution: once you begin to drive your bucket regularly, there is a natural sorting out process that takes place. Don't let these little 'bugs' discourage you. I remember getting all balled up when I couldn't get my steering wheel to self-center after going around corners; I thought I had got the ackerman all wrong or worse - turned out to be a simple adjustment of the front radius rods! Take your time, work out the kinks and enjoy your hot rod! It's a keeper.

Love your enthusiasm, Gary. A word of caution: once you begin to drive your bucket regularly, there is a natural sorting out process that takes place. Don't let these little 'bugs' discourage you. I remember getting all balled up when I couldn't get my steering wheel to self-center after going around corners; I thought I had got the ackerman all wrong or worse - turned out to be a simple adjustment of the front radius rods! Take your time, work out the kinks and enjoy your hot rod! It's a keeper.
Thanks Spanky, that's good advice for sure.

lexi & Pap.jpg This was a while back when I first got it running. I had to take my helper, best buddy and granddaughter for the first ride. We went to the end of the driveway and back. I didn't even have the wiring finished as you can see. She likes telling everyone she is helping Pap build a car. LOL

Although I'm pretty much done with my build except for the interior, I want to thank everyone on this forum for all your help, encouragement and constructive criticism along the way. I don't think I've been associated with a finer group of people.
Gary

Although I'm pretty much done with my build except for the interior, I want to thank everyone on this forum for all your help, encouragement and constructive criticism along the way. I don't think I've been associated with a finer group of people.
Gary
Looks good!

Gary
Your car looks great Gary. Getting it done in one year is crazy, took me 5 years!

It's a shame you didn't have it running last year at this time. The NTBA had a regional event in Ocala Florida, just 2 hours from you. They are so much fun, lots of cruising and more cruising !!!

Just need a video of the finished T: please

VERY nice job, Gary!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back