Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

Many thanks to the folks at CCR for making this such a smooth build. I never dreamed the wife would love it like she does.

I took the T to my first car show today and much to my surprise, I got a trophy for "best of show street rod". What a great feeling. Now I'm motivated to finish the interior panels. :D

I took the T to my first car show today and much to my surprise, I got a trophy for "best of show street rod". What a great feeling. Now I'm motivated to finish the interior panels. :D

Awesome! . . . Nothing quite feels as good as a little positive reinforcement.

I have quite a ways to go before I attempt upholstering. I 've been looking at & pricing upholstery materials. They're NOT cheap.

I have quite a ways to go before I attempt upholstering. I 've been looking at & pricing upholstery materials. They're NOT cheap.
Someone put a link on here quite a while back for a place that sells pleated marine vinyl. I think it was called Great lakes Skipper.

Here's one, google Auto upholstery EZ Vinyl

No kidding. I’m doing leather, just because. Just having a customized minivan seat done, but still not cheap. I elected to keep the tub walls and door panels unupholstered, just clean and finished, and concentrate on the dash with ss and upholster the seat.

I received an email this week from tbucket plans and they have new video on upholstery. They have good videos might be worth the cost.

Ace.jpg The T-Bucket is done so I'm going back to finish my old project, a Corben Junior Ace model E. The photo is not mine but it's the same model. I'm still welding the 4130 tubing of the fuselage on mine.

Gary,

I guess you're a pilot. You certainly have to pay very strict attention to detail
when building a plane.

Gary,

I guess you're a pilot. You certainly have to pay very strict attention to detail
when building a plane.
Yes, back before I sort of lost interest, I would have a fellow EAA member who was also an inspector, check my progress and make an entry in my log book before moving on to the next section. That was about 10 years ago. LOL

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back