Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

plenum 3.jpg I finished fabricating the cold air intake system like the one Spectre makes for the LS swap. I saved $342.00 for other parts that I can't make myself. I'll probably go with the weld yourself headers too since they are a lot more affordable.

Thanks Spanky, that's part of this hobby, making what we can. I guess that what makes everyone's ride a little different from the rest.:)

View attachment 14341 I finished fabricating the cold air intake system like the one Spectre makes for the LS swap. I saved $342.00 for other parts that I can't make myself. I'll probably go with the weld yourself headers too since they are a lot more affordable.

Great job on the air intake! Nothing beats saving money.

I was sitting at a red light at Seven Springs and 54 in New Port Richey this afternoon on my way home from work when I saw a black t bucket with flames heading west on 54. That is the first one I can ever remember seeing on the road and I never was much for going to car shows either. Now I'm really fired up. I can hardly wait for that first drive.

headers.jpg I set a pair of Kirkey seats in the body and they are perfect for me. There's room behind them for my PCM and fuse blocks and even 5" between them for a console for switches and starter button. I'm welding up the exhaust system now. The weld your own saved me a ton of money over factory LS headers. I'm hoping to order the front brakes and rotors soon.

A very unique ride with that LS motor and INTAKE ...... just Wow!!!

Now we might have to talk about that header extension! :confused:

I see a roll bar in the shape of those seats in your future! Wish I had a roll bar, I would
feel much better about my high speed events.

I'm affraid of those CONCRETE barriers. I turned down a race when I had the inside line.

View attachment 14374 I set a pair of Kirkey seats in the body and they are perfect for me. There's room behind them for my PCM and fuse blocks and even 5" between them for a console for switches and starter button. I'm welding up the exhaust system now. The weld your own saved me a ton of money over factory LS headers. I'm hoping to order the front brakes and rotors soon.

Looks great, man!

Thanks tfeverfred, I just hope I can do half as good as you when it comes to the interior. I have no talent for that stuff.:(

I was finally able to order the CCR sport deck, front brakes and rotors and gas tank today along with a few smaller goodies. Thanks Diane and Jerry! I can't wait to get started again.
I'm glad I only tacked the headers on the drivers side. I'm afraid that the drag link may hit. Something told me to wait until I got the steering stuff on before finish welding. I'm glad I listened to that little voice for a change. :D

Well I was right. I cut the tack welds apart this afternoon and I'll start putting the tubes back together tomorrow. Darn! That's what I get for putting the cart before the horse.:oops:

Thanks tfeverfred, I just hope I can do half as good as you when it comes to the interior. I have no talent for that stuff.:(

I didn't when I did mine and I still don't. I looked at what others had done and figured out what would work for me. I was going to go with Kirkney seats, among others, but finally decided I'd like a bench. But if you've looked at my build, you'll see that I change my mind a lot. Heck, today I was looking at Speedways bomber seats and..... wondering. Hmmm..... ;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back