Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

Has anybody seen the “ egg cushion” seat? Saw the commercial one time. It is some kind of gell cushion that is so forgiving you can sit on a raw egg and not brake it. I’m going to try one to get as low as possible in the car.

Has anybody seen the “ egg cushion” seat? Saw the commercial one time. It is some kind of gell cushion that is so forgiving you can sit on a raw egg and not brake it. I’m going to try one to get as low as possible in the car.
I haven't seen that, but years ago I fell 40 feet and landed on my rear with my hands out behind me. I broke many bones including my tail bone. Very painful injury. Anyways the rehab folks provided some memory foam seat cushions that really helped. They weren't very thick, three inches, but really softened things and they lasted a long time. Maybe that material would be a candidate?

Actually, it's not what the cushion is made of, that keeps the egg from breaking, it's how it forms around the egg. You can squeeze an egg in your hand, if you hold it right, it won't break. For a seat bottom, it's all about the foam selection. Here's the link to the company I used and some of their foam types.

Open-Cell Foam | Foam By Mail

I don't know about anyone else on this forum of scientists, but FOAM science is only
exactly 1/4 inch below Rocket Science. Don't believe me just check the long upstanding
graphics by the long upstanding scientists below. Then you will realize what everyone
else knows .... except YOU !!!!

So let me begin ....I will explain for those of you that need extra help .....

If you divide Systematic Reviews by Randomized Control Trials (see the graphic below) you
get the square root of infinity ....
ScienceLevels01.jpg

..... Square Root of infinity equals "Just the right amount of foam" minus the "Dew Point" (See next graphic below) .
RocketFoamScience.jpg

When you cancel out the like units above and below the divisor line ... well it's obvious to any FOAM
SCIENTISTS that you get "SMOKE ALARM" [See next graphic]
RocketScienceLevel01.jpg
View attachment 14423
And there you have it, it must be GREEK !!!

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else on this forum of scientists, but FOAM science is only
exactly 1/4 inch below Rocket Science. Don't believe me just check the long upstanding
graphics by the long upstanding scientists below. Then you will realize what everyone
else knows .... except YOU !!!!

So let me begin ....I will explain for those of you that need extra help .....

If you divide Systematic Reviews by Randomized Control Trials (see the graphic below) you
get the square root of infinity ....
View attachment 14427

..... Square Root of infinity equals "Just the right amount of foam" minus the "Dew Point" (See next graphic below) .
View attachment 14428

When you cancel out the like units above and below the divisor line ... well it's obvious to any FOAM
SCIENTISTS that you get "SMOKE ALARM" [See next graphic]
View attachment 14429
View attachment 14423
And there you have it, it must be GREEK !!!

And just when you find the perfect mattress, your allergic to the damned material or your wife can't sleep on it.

I think I have the seating puzzle solved finally. I Like the Kirkey seats except for the height. They stuck up too far above the body. I cut the tops off and built a hinged box for my electrics. Now the next puzzle is; how do I fasten the whole thing to the floor. I thought about 5200 Marine adhesive but that would mean I could never remove it. I guess I could bolt it through the floor and use really large washers.
I fabricated an aluminum console of sorts to hold switches and a starter button. I still need to paint it and add some more stuff but I like it.
console.jpg

Through-the-floor bolts with fender washers is probably the way I would go. I like those seats!:thumbsup:

Boy am I glad you shortened the seats to below the body line. I try not to be negative about others peoples builds, but you have made a good call there.
Course its JMHO. A lot of the look of a bucket is the body line, for me.
G

Boy am I glad you shortened the seats to below the body line. I try not to be negative about others peoples builds, but you have made a good call there.
Course its JMHO. A lot of the look of a bucket is the body line, for me.
G
LOL That's funny Gerry. That's exactly what I thought too. The seats were inexpensive and I figured I would be able to get them to work. Oh yeah, the wife doesn't like any part of the interior sticking up out of the body either. She must have good taste too. ;):laugh:

LOL That's funny Gerry. That's exactly what I thought too. The seats were inexpensive and I figured I would be able to get them to work. Oh yeah, the wife doesn't like any part of the interior sticking up out of the body either. She must have good taste too. ;):laugh:

She picked you, so she must.....never mind. That may not be a valid test of her good taste. :p

Truth be known, I didn't know him that well either. I just made a "scientific" guess (SWAG) backed by years of observation. This resulted in my making the assumption that most of us rodders marry way above our station. The odds were in my favor that Gary49 fit the profile. He has not denied the validity of my assumption, so, I feel that I know him better now.:giggle:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back