Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

George Carlin passes

Track-T

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs, dirty words and the demise of humanity, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday. He was 71.

yea i seen that on the news...kind of sucks i guess..

we were commenting on his funny "Stuff" routine just last week... I can sure say he made me laugh..

may he rest in peace...

Yep, I agree that all the guys and gals we grew up watching on TV and the big screen are dying off. :sad: Sorry to hear about Carlin, he was a funny dude. RIP George. Wonder if he will be allowed to say those 7 banned words now. ;)

Don

LumenAl said:
This getting old is getting tough... all my favorites seem to be dying... actors, singers, comedians, etc... Ever get the feeling that it's your fault... dang... everyone I admire dies! Key to life... stay off my favorites list! :welcome:

OK Al I'll make sure you stay off my favorites list too. :lol: J/K Al :D

Growing up, I had an album of his and it was in the same stack as Cheech & Chong, Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby. The man made me laugh, but he also made me think about a lot of stuff that was going on. He'll be missed.:sad:

As for those 7 words? Heck, I heard most of 'em on South Park the oether night. My how the world has changed. I kinda miss not being able to hear those words on television.

I had a discussion about the golden years with a customer.We agreed you should retire when you are 20 then go back to work when you turn 40.Then you can enjoy your kids. He also said there is nothing golden about a new pain every day.He still has one thing golden though his PEE. Ha Ha

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back