Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting IN your T

one finger john

O.K. this is in all seriousness. How do you get into your T? Do you open the door, hop over the edge, take the steering wheel off and throw a leg over? On my friends Dodge you step on the rear spring shackle, then the rear tire, then into the passenger area. Then you have to kinda flop on down onto the seat and get comfy. There are no grab bars or steps or anything. Getting up and out is even more interesting. Get up, sit on the edge of the body, need to just slightly push off to clear the headers, try to hit the ground right so I don't break an ankle.
Fred's car reminded me of all this. I guess that's the price you pay to go stylin'.

John

O.K. this is in all seriousness. How do you get into your T? Do you open the door, hop over the edge, take the steering wheel off and throw a leg over? On my friends Dodge you step on the rear spring shackle, then the rear tire, then into the passenger area. Then you have to kinda flop on down onto the seat and get comfy. There are no grab bars or steps or anything. Getting up and out is even more interesting. Get up, sit on the edge of the body, need to just slightly push off to clear the headers, try to hit the ground right so I don't break an ankle.
Fred's car reminded me of all this. I guess that's the price you pay to go stylin'.

John
Me having a Total Aniversary body am lucky cause its like a 1915 t on the sides real low i just step over the side and sit down.I'm 5'11'' tall.

I take off steering wheel and use step and I am 6'1".
bodystretch002.jpg

I just lift my right leg over first and kinda hop in. It usually helps to grab the back of the body with my right hand to help my fat butt over. LOL. Sometimes I will even step on the seat if I have to.

S5033684.jpg

I just open the door and hope that my stomach does not get caught on the steering wheel. I'm thinking of getting a new steering column with a removalable steering wheel. Only problem is what do I grab to haul my butt in the bucket?

I am 6' 1" and my wife is 5' 5" and we have no problem entering our car. With the top of the body side being only 29 1/2" from the ground and a removable steering wheel helps a great deal.

IMG_2721-1.jpg

Jim

I take the steering wheel off and step over into the bucket (no doors). I'm now 67 and it's getting harder and harder to do. I wish I would have thought of that when I built it back in 1967.
IMG_3053-1.jpg

We have doors too, but on the wife's car we put zoomies. They do nothing for performance, but there are no pipes to step or hop over when you get in or out of the car.

I just open the door and slide right in. Its as easy as the wifes firebird.

I just open the door and slide right in. Its as easy as the wifes firebird.

thats a well loved bucket. Shine and condition ( and no I mam not a dog person) just shows how much you love it

Well for years I just raised my right leg and stepped onto the floor (passenger side only) grabbed the steering wheel, then with a smooth rotation, turned and sit right into the driver's seat, very easy and Smooth.. BUT!! now that my back and knees are giving me trouble, lifting that leg that high is something that is not happening anymore, this part of getting old really sucks!!! Only once or twice over the years did I look like a Monkey f#@*ing a football by getting in the drivers side, No Thanks.. My windshield was strong enough to grab in the dismount stage of the game also, I slid over to the rider's side, put my right leg up over the side, then sitting up on the edge of the body and stepped/slid right down.. never did anyone burn themselves on my headers getting in or out. But the older I get and my passengers also, I am either going to cut the side of this body down to get as low as Gerry's Yellow T Bucket (24 1/2") that will make it a whole new ball game for me... (or build a new LOW Rider) Watch out World, here I come again...:hooray: as far as side steps go, they are way too close to the body to work as far as I can see... For me at least, I still want to see a video of someone using them, without stepping on the seats, which is a very big NO NO to me... I like clean seats and so do the Ladies that go for rides... :egypt: step safe...

Ted,

Still not sure why I lost 2 jugs, but no there was plenty of spirited driving after Bakersfield that it could have happened but didn't. They went under normal driving. With the new 383 set up for low rpm grunt, should be able to give a "fun" ride and stay below 3500 rpms.

Ted,

Still not sure why I lost 2 jugs, but no there was plenty of spirited driving after Bakersfield that it could have happened but didn't. They went under normal driving. With the new 383 set up for low rpm grunt, should be able to give a "fun" ride and stay below 3500 rpms.
When I was running the car hard, 3500 was just the beginning of the fun part, my engine said wow let me run... :hooray:

John
John this an almost flawless entry and exit from my T.No Laughing now

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back