Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting IN your T

I almost always get in on the drivers side. I put my left hand on the windshield frame, step up on the rear tire with my right foot and step in with my left foot then my right foot and sit down. On the passengers side i put my left hand on the back of the seat, throw my right leg over and climb in. To get out i put my left hand on the top of the door, my right hand on the back of the body, lift myself up, move my right hand to the windshield frame, throw my left leg over then my right leg and hop out. I did put some small round Model A steps on it for the grand kids but i never use them.

It sure sound a lot more complicated than it is.

I almost always get in on the drivers side. I put my left hand on the windshield frame, step up on the rear tire with my right foot and step in with my left foot then my right foot and sit down. On the passengers side i put my left hand on the back of the seat, throw my right leg over and climb in. To get out i put my left hand on the top of the door, my right hand on the back of the body, lift myself up, move my right hand to the windshield frame, throw my left leg over then my right leg and hop out. I did put some small round Model A steps on it for the grand kids but i never use them.

It sure sound a lot more complicated than it is.
Maybe we need a video, with music.

Love your flying eye! How about posting a pic of it?

Thanks

Mark

Well my bucket sits way high - the cost of wanting a flat floor for my big feet and tall tyres for the look. And Im 6'1 and weigh about 235lbs

Now remember my car is right hand drive

So I put my left hand high up on my rollcage and climb up the rear tyre and do a fancy pirouette (thats a turn guys) and flop my left leg past the upright steering column and drop my bum down onto the seat.

Im so good at it now, that I have made it almost an artform.

But I will put some footplates on the car later this coming summer to make it easier for my wife to enter and exit the car.

You put your backside in,
You put your backside out;
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

Sure.. when you have legs THAT long it's not a big deal!!! :rofl:
I'm a runt. I was 5' 5 3/4". Then I had back surgery so I'm shorter now with iddy-bitty legs....

I'm putting together a steel T that has doors (after I burn a few more miles of welding wire on them).
I hope to be able to use them but it's going to be a long while before I get to test that theory.

I fab'd up some steps and welded them to the rear bars before I powder coated them. Just enough to assist entry and exit.

Attachments

• hot rod 014smaller.jpg
    hot rod 014smaller.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 52
You put your backside out;
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

Now THAT is FUNNY!!! Best laugh that I've had in a while.

Jim

I step in with my left foot and swing my right leg up and over, just like climbing on a bike. :)

I normally swing one leg over the side of the body. Then hop about madly trying to get my balance back, then park my butt on the side of the body, slide over till my let is the other side of the column and just breath out and slide the rest of my old carcass in to the seat. Now getting out is another story but involves hopping agin
gerry

This is a funny thread! :laugh: I'll add my 2 cents: right leg over the drivers side body lip, pull on the steering wheel to hoist my derriere over the side and slide down into the drivers seat.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back