Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Go to last post" doesn't

Lee_in_KC

I just updated to Firefox 3.5.5 and now when I click on "Go to last post" it goes to the first post. Any ideas?

Are you referring to using this image to view the last post? -
last_post.png

I'm testing it in Firefox and not having any problems with it working as it should.

I can't duplicate the issue with Konqueror 4.3.2, Opera 10.10, Firefox 3.5.5 or Namoroka (Firefox pre-release) 3.6Beta6pre.

When I get into the shop, I'll check it on the Windows boxes there. I see the bone bender this morning, so it will be 3 hours or so.

Yes, I meant the view last post function. It's odd because I also updated to Firefox 3.5.5 on my home computer as well and it works as advertised there. I have the pop-up blocker set on high (or however they call it) on the office machine. Could that have anything to do with it? Just a minor annoyance really, so don't lose any sleep over it.

Lee

Yes, I meant the view last post function. It's odd because I also updated to Firefox 3.5.5 on my home computer as well and it works as advertised there. I have the pop-up blocker set on high (or however they call it) on the office machine. Could that have anything to do with it? Just a minor annoyance really, so don't lose any sleep over it.

Lee

I had the same problem until I discovered that you must be "signed in" for it to work.

Thanks CT, but I am signed in when I have the problem. I'm wondering if it's a Javascript issue. I also have that limited on my office machine.

Edit: Well I just visited two other forums I follow that use vBulletin, and the view/go to last post functions work as advertised on them, so it's something unique to T-Bucketeers and my office machine set-up.

Problem resolved. Just re-booted my machine (for other reasons) and now the view last post function works as intended. Stupid computers! :shrug:

Problem NOT resolved!! It apparently is intermittent. For the first session on T-Bucketeers after re-booting, the "view new post" button functioned as intended. Now, after having been doing some web surfing and visiting a couple of other forums (not very busy here this time of year :shrug: ) it doesn't work again. WTF?!?!?

I've no idea. I cannot duplicate the issue on this end (and no, you do not have to be logged in for the function to work).

Using Windows XP SP3 with Google Chrome 3.0.195.33, Opera 10.10, Safari 4.0.2, IE8 and Firefox 3.5.5, everything works fine.

Are you sure the page has completed loading into your machine? If your machine is loading pages slowly, it might seem as if it is not hitting the last post. If your seeing the Done message in the lower-left corner of Firefox, then that wouldn't be it.

I dunno. Two ISPs, two operating systems, a handful of browsers in each and everything is working for me.

When you hover over that linked image, the URL should end with - /page_view_getlastpost

Is that what you're seeing?

Clicking on that link will resolve to a URL ending in - /10316-go-to-last-post-doesnt/page__pid__108913__st__0&#entry108913

Do you see that?

"When you hover over that linked image, the URL should end with - /page_view_getlastpost

Is that what you're seeing?

Clicking on that link will resolve to a URL ending in - /10316-go-to-last-post-doesnt/page__pid__108913__st__0&#entry108913

Do you see that?"

Yes, those are what I'm seeing, but it is currently working properly. When I left for lunch it wasn't working, but when I got back, it was, and the computer was not touched in between. Obviously something's going on with my machine.

I'm not going to worry about it until some other manifestation of trouble appears. Thanks for trying to help, Mike.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back